day 1

"Sowhee, Arhee. Love, come on let's get up. Time to buy your school supplies." I tried shaking my girls lightly and they woke up obediently. They stood up slowly and kissed me before they proceeded to do their routine. My girls are pretty organized and obedient and I love that about them. "Honey, Byulie and I will be waiting at the table okay? Be careful and no more games okay?"

Byul unnie has been waking up early since we stayed at her house. She doesn't miss breakfast with the kids or the kids will bother her nonstop. "I'll drop you off at the mall, will you be fine?" She asked, I nodded and answered "yeah, I clearly told Hyejin that if she's late, she is never seeing the kids ever." I giggled at the thought of THE Hyejin rambling to get on time. I poured milk for the kids as I see them slowly walk to the table. "Good morning Byulie! Good morning mommy!" Says the girls and sat quietly.

The breakfast went smooth. The girls are very much excited about this. I told them about meeting their Aunt Hyejin and they can't wait to meet her. I've told them tons of stories about her when they ask me about the girls on my wallet. Hyejin actually called 2 days after she called Byul unnie, so I told her we will be shopping for the kids and said she can come and meet them. So yep, here we are.

"Alright, what did mommy say about going to the mall?" I asked for the umpteenth time. I always worry about losing the kids in crowded places. "Don't go anywhere without mommy." Sowhee answered boringly. "Great. Please love, don't let go of mommy's hands okay?" I said, dismissing the subject before the girls' mood turn sour. "Ya, Wheein-ah, I think the girls know it. Just call me when something happens okay? Or if its time to get these babies home." Byulie unnie muttered looking at me side ways. "Yes unnie. Thank you so much for doing this." I answered looking at her with a smile. "This is nothing, I'm aiming for the 'Favorite aunt' spot." She replied with a wink. I giggled and responded with a "Yeah sure unnie, fight Bea. She's the top contender. And oh, let's see how they like Aunt Hyejin."

Byulie unnie insisted to walk us inside the mall so she knows we're safe and to wait for Hyejin to arrive. I was about to call Hyejin when she appeared panting and out of breath infront of us, startling the girls. "Omo, Wheein-ah I think I'm gonna pass out." She muttered catching her breath. I looked at her all flustered and confused. She is wearing an oversized hoodie and a pair of pants and a bucket hat. "Ya, Hyejin-ah, did your fans chase you?" Byulie unnie interjected with an obvious laugh. "No, I thought I'm late." Still panting. The girls looked at me confusingly, asking who this girl is. "Oh, yeah. So uhm. Yeah, this is Aunt Hyejin." The girls looked at her surprisingly but bowing almost immediately and shyly said hi. "Oh, omygosh. Are these your girls Wheeinie?" She gushed, kneeled to their level and reached for their hands. "Hi, I am your Aunt Hyejin but you can call me anything you want."

"Mommy, mommy! I want this book! I want this book!" Sowhee exclaimed holding a book from the novel books corner. "Sowhee, that's enough. You already have two books for today. Put that down." I dismissed and she looked at me with pleading eyes. I gave her a shrug and a dismissing look. "Okay." She sadly uttered putting the book back to the shelf. A hand held the book and placed it in the cart "Lionie will buy that for you, little cub." I looked at Hyejin with disapproving look but she shrugged and faced Sowhee, "Come on, give Lionie a smile?" Sowhee looked at me but looked away immediately and instead gave Hyejin a big hug, making her almost fall off the cart. "How about me, Aunt Hyejin?" Arwhee uttered with teary eyes. "Hmmmm, how about you also pick a book Aunt Hyejin will buy for you? Sounds good, baby?" I shook my head at Hyejin disapprovingly.