Unforgotten

--------------------------------

Chairs were arranged in two sections. The whole room was filled with flowers, from anyone, from everyone. She peeked at the paper she was holding, making sure that everything's said and done, everything was ready. She was ready.

She inhaled as people started filling in, as they started looking for seats.

Ugh.

Few of them sat beside her and started talking to her, but she wasn't listening. Her focus remained on the golden brown box-like set on the center of the room. It wasn't like her to be inattentive. Everybody knows that.

But today's an exception. She knew and fought hard to have accepted it.

Her eyes looked around. Families, friends and co-workers, coming together on this day. She would have hated the attention people were giving to her, but for Aga, only for Aga, that's why she was doing this.

After a few more minutes of people mindlessly talking around her, she decided to start and end this once and for all.

All eyes were on her as she adjusted the mic on the podium. She cleared her throat and began her speech.

" I do not know how to begin this, but I certainly know how this would end. I promised him that I would not cry, and well, I'm planning to not break that promise. So Aga, my love, I hope you're somewhere out there. "

She cleared her throat once more.

There were days when I just look at you and lose my conciousness. You would pinch my nose, and laugh, while you say 'Gwapong gwapo ka na naman sakin babes.' I would frown at you and told you what a self-centered jerk you are, and then you just laugh again and hug me.

" Happy 1st Anniversary babes. " he said with a wicked grin as he entered her dressing room

She smiled and accepted the bouquet of flowers. " Wow. 365 days of being your girlfriend... Well done, Mr. Muhlach. "

" I could hardly believe it myself. " he said, putting an arm around her " Sabi naman sayo you won't regret dating me. "

" I think what I told you before was that 'I don't date co-actors', right? "

" And I had to decline a movie offer because of that. " then he grinned " It's fine, the results were awfully worth it. "

She hit his head lightly. " Whatever Muhlach. "

" Basta, we'll have a date later. " he said as he placed a kiss on her forehead. " memorize the lines well babes, coz I'm sure I did. " She smiled at him.

He was about to go out when she called him. " Babes... "

" Hmmm? "

" Yes. " she answered, smiling

He turned to her, his forehead slightly creased.

" Anong yes? "

She stood up and went to where he was standing.

" Yung tanong mo sakin kagabi... " then she kissed his cheek " Yes. Payag na ko. "

His eyes were still on a daze when she decided to leave him. She was about to close the door when he pulled her back and kissed her.

He's so perfect, I even thought that we were not meant to be. Never in my wildest dreams did I thought that he was the one for me. I didn't think I was capable of loving someone this much. He was not my first love, he wasn't my first boyfriend, but he was special, and our love was far more fairytale-ish than most stories out there. And I love him, I loved him yesterday, I'll love him tomorrow, and I love him today.