Tangled Up in Blue

[Hayley stops reading and walks downstairs with the journal in her hands to find Katherine and Klaus talking in the foyer]

Katherine: [pouts] I cannot believe you disposed of those vampires without me. You know how I love to set things on fire!

Klaus: [smirks] Was I supposed to leave them in the front yard to rot? Besides, they were my responsibility. They attacked the helpless pregnant girl who's carrying my child!

Katherine: [rolls her eyes] Oh, I am so moved by your new-found sense of fatherly duties towards the werewolf carrying your hybrid bun in her oven.

[Hayley joins them in the foyer]

HAYLEY: The werewolf would like to know what the plan is.

Klaus: Well, that depends what plan you mean, Hayley -- my plan to rescue my daughter, the one who isn't dead (stares at Katherine), or to figure out another way to wake her up.

[Katherine takes a pencil from the desk beside her and throws it in Klaus' direction. Klaus catches it easily before it can embed itself in his face]

HAYLEY: [sighs] The plan to rescue Nikita. You know the one that has the curse.

Klaus: Okay. Well, firstly, Marcel is not my mortal enemy-- he's our son. And secondly, I gave him his sister, Nikita, in order to gain Marcel's trust, again. If I had known he would place my daughter in the hands of a particularly nasty teenage witch, I certainly would have weighed my options a bit differently. And thirdly-- [He turns to Katherine and gestures for her to speak]-- Love, please.

Katherine: Wait, you gave Marcel, Nikita. How could you, Klaus? And thirdly, the plan, you are going to ask him to get her back.

Hayley: [incredulous] That's... that's not the whole plan, is it?

Klaus: and that's only Plan A, Hayley! There's always a Plan B.

Hayley: And what's Plan B?

Klaus: [smiles] A Mikaelson Specialty.

THE ABATTOIR

[In the compound, Marcel is being fitted for a suit by a tailor while Thierry, who is sitting nearby, talks to him]

MARCEL: [smirks] Damn, I do look good in a suit.

[Thierry chuckles, then turns back to the television, where photos of Joshua Rozsa and Cora Rozsa (Joshua's sister), the tourists that Klaus killed after they had ingested vampire blood at Marcel's party, flash on the screen]

THIERRY: My guy at the docks is gonna come forward as an eyewitness, say he saw those two drunkenly fall into the Mississippi. They'll be dredging for weeks. No one will come looking around here.

MARCEL: That's good, considering both of them are vampires now. Anything else?

[The tailor accidentally pricks her finger on a pin as she hems Marcel's pants]

TAILOR: Ow!

MARCEL: Allow me, darling.

[Marcel kneels down and reaches for her hand before gently sucking the drop of blood on her finger. Thierry, looking anxious, begins to speak]

THIERRY: One thing-- I sent four night walkers to look into a werewolf sighting in the Quarter. I haven't heard from them since.

MARCEL: That makes ten dead night walkers in the last week. You think the werewolves are back in town trying to start some trouble?