Katherine's Letter to Klaus

Dear my love Niklaus, 

I'm sorry for what you're going through and congrats on being reunited with your family. What I am about to do was a necessary sacrifice which is why I am headed back to Mystic Falls, as you read this letter. 

But being with your family for the past 5 years made me remember something that my father once told me, about the curse. But something tells me, that our daughter and you will hate me for knowing the truth about the Heart of Darkness curse. 

When I had just given birth to my first daughter, Nadia. My father took her from my hands and told me at that point that my next child is cursed with The Heart of Darkness. When she did meet me for the first time in 500 years when I was in the tomb, she activated that curse with an hour delay to get back to her home with you. By that time, she was linked to my life until I died. Not only when she wakes up she won't remember what happens for the next few years. 

Not only am I disappointing you with the truth, I am also disappointing our daughter. She should have never come to Mystic Falls to meet me, since she does know the truth of me escaping from the people I was hunted by. 

I hope you and Nikita can forgive me when the time comes. 

Love, 

Your darling wife, Katerina