The Future Flash

Terrible manip aside, that's them, going to the future. Onto the story.

Barry stared at Dawn for a long time, she shifted from leg to leg, nervous at how Barry would take it. She twiddled her thumbs, looking down at the ground. After a few more minutes of silence she finally spoke up.

"Say something." She pleaded.

"What do you want me to say Dawn?" He asked angrily.

"You're angry." She said sighing.

"Did you expect me to be jumping for joy after finding out you're in cahoots with my arch nemesis? I'm livid!"  Barry fumed at her. She winced at his raised voice. He turned to go back to his apartment.

"He knows who Savitar is!" She yelled. Barry paused.

"He knows, and he can help, that's why I went to him." Barry walked closer to her, glaring.

"Dad..." She whispered, nervously. He stared at her for a long time, before he spoke, his voice cold, and menacing.

"We're going to the future." He said in an awfully low and intimidating tone. Dawn gulped audibly, looking at him with fear in her eyes.

March 13, 2033- Central City.

Barry and Dawn came to a stop behind an alley. It was around 8pm and the streets were dreary and depressing. Barry looked around, confused at how the once lively city became so dead.

Barry was about to walk out the alley, when a strong arm pulled her back. "No." She whispered. She could hear them coming from a short distance.

She held her breath and urged Barry to be quiet. Barry looked at her perplexed before a teenaged girl , and who he assumed to be a college boy walked past. They were walking arm in arm, giggling, the only sound filling the streets.

Dawn looked down sadly, playing with her fingers, Barry looked even more confused. When she was sure they were gone she gestured for Barry to follow her. They walked all the way to Star Labs the night air, calming.

"We're going to have to sneak in, because I'm pretty sure people are still inside." She ushered Barry to a side entrance he had never seen in his life.

"Was this always here?" He asked.

"No, you put it in after you reopened the lab, so you could have privacy . It has a biometric lock. So only you and I can use it. Just place your hand on the scanner." She told him, motioning to the lit up panel on the side.

Barry hesitantly placed his hand on it and the door opened with a click. Dawn walked in first with Barry following behind. There were several hallways and Dawn took a turn down a dark, dimly lit hall.

"Wait here." She whispered, entering some sort of code into another panel on the wall, the door slid opened slowly. Inside was dimly lit and had an eerie feeling. She entered slowly, but alerted the prisoner.

"Thawne." She called. He came into view, with a smirk on his face.

"Young Allen." He said. He noticed another silhouette in the door frame and widened his smirk.

"Barry Allen." He stated, and Barry stepped into view glaring at his nemesis. Thawne noticed the shorter hair and lack of beard. This wasn't the Barry Allen who he saw daily.

"What did you do?" He glared at Dawn.

"Watch your tone with my daughter." Barry growled. Eobard chuckled at him. "Maybe if you were a better father, your daughter wouldn't have turned to your worst enemy. Barry zoomed towards him glaring.