Chapter Five

After inspecting the door for a good hour, Aelin concluded that it wasn't the doors she was used to. It needed to have some sort of card, which she didn't have access too.

There was no windows, no potential ways to escape. She was stuck.

As far as she knew, the guards didn't know she had her lock picking kit. She if she found a way to lure a guard in here and steal his card, then she could find Feyre and escape.

A plan already forming in her mind, she took one of her tools and poked the back of her throat. Turning to face her bed, she let herself throw up the contents of her stomach, tears stinging her eyes.

Wiping her hand across her mouth and tucking her tools into her shift, Aelin collapsed beside the vomit, moaning. "Please!" She sobbed. "Someone help! I think I'm sick."

About half a minute later, a stony-faced guard appeared outside her cell door. He swore softly, grabbing a card hanging on his belt and swiping it over a small metal plate. The door fizzed open, and the guard pointed an odd looking weapon at her. "Get up. I'm taking you to the-"

Aelin knocked him off his feet using a sweep of her leg, and he fell onto his ass. He opened his mouth to yell, but Aelin had already delivered a swift punch to his head, knocking him out cold.

Grabbing the card, she swiped it across the metal pad on her side, and the door slid open again. She sprinted out into the hallway, just as the ringing alarm sounded.