Chapter 5: Its a Date

I have no clue why I though Klaus Mikaelson, an original vampire, would take a long time to get ready, but I did. This is why I was more than a little shocked when he disappeared upstairs and reappeared next to me in a suit and tie only a few moments later. 

My shock led to me just staring wide-eyed at him for a few moments as I tried to understand how he got so handsome in such a short amount of time. Not to say that he wasn't handsome before but just that there is something incredible about a man in a suit. 

"If you're done checking me out, love, then I suggest we get going," Klaus said with a painfully prideful smirk on his face. 

Huffing, I rolled my eyes and tried to repress my growing smile nodding as I followed him out to his car. Klaus opened the door for me then raced over and got into the driver's seat, heading out to the highway and out of Mystic Falls. "So we aren't going to the Mystic Grill then?" I asked playfully. 

"No, we are not going to the Mystic Grill." 

Humming, I nodded and thought about where we might be going, "Can you tell me where we are going?" 

"I could... or I could let you wonder about it," He teased with a grin, "Sorry to say this, darling, but I'm a little sadistic so I think I'll let you stew." 

My eyes narrowed at his response as I crossed my arms, "Rude." 

When Klaus said he would let me stew, I didn't think he would let me stew for the whole hour it took us to get to the restaurant that was all the way out in Charlottesville. It was a fairly fancy restaurant and one I thought I recognized. Helping me out of the car and tossing the keys to the valet, Klaus hooked his arm in mine and led me to the door, opening it for me. I caught sight of the logo on the wall and suddenly the memory came rushing back. 

I had in fact been here before. My parents brought me here when I turned sixteen, just before I was due to graduate high school. It was just us and one of my happiest memories with them. How did Klaus know about it? 

Turning around, I looked at him in shock as he went to the host and asked for a reservation for Mikaelson, party of two. The host led us to the patio and handed us the menus, mine didn't have prices on it because Klaus made it clear he was buying. I remember my dad explaining to me that some nicer restaurants do this so that the only one who knows the prices is the one paying, keeping people from just choosing the cheapest thing on the menu. 

Once the waiter was gone, I fired off my questions at Klaus. "How did you know?" 

Humming, Klaus pretended to be overly interested in the menu, "Oh? I'm afraid I don't know what you're talking about, love." 

"Liar. I came here with my parents on my sixteenth birthday. How did you find out?" 

Glancing up, Klaus smirked and shrugged. 

That was all it took to tip me off. The only people who would know about that would be Elena, Jeremy, Caroline, Bonnie, Carol, and Liz. The only person who would tell Klaus Mikaelson any information on where to take me for a date would be none other than, "Caroline told you. Didn't she?" 

"Yes, very good job, would you like a reward?" Klaus asked smoothly, making me doubt my answer. 

There was no way I got it right, he was still acting smug about it. "I give up, how did you find out because it obviously wasn't Caroline." 

"You posted a picture of you and your parents here on your post about their deaths on Facebook. It wasn't that hard to figure out which restaurant you were at because their logo has their name written under it. I had a lot of time to waste waiting for you in your car."