Chapter Eight: Just a Scratch

That night, I laid in bed but didn't sleep. How do you relax after doing something so horrible? I would have to ask Klaus, Stefan, or Damon because it was beyond me. 

Not only that, but it was freezing in the house for no reason. 

"Jeremy! Europa!" Elena shouted up to us from the kitchen. 

Furrowing my eyebrows, I dragged myself out of my bed sluggishly, shaking off the ache in my body as I walked downstairs with Jeremy, "What's up?" As soon as I walked in, my neck snapped, and I was out like a light. 

A little while later, I woke up next to a perplexed Jeremy as we looked at each other in confusion, "What happened?" We mumbled. 

"Long story, buy the e-book," Damon said before walking out. 

Groaning, I laid back down and shivered slightly. Why was everywhere so cold, "What's wrong?" Jeremy asked. 

"Nothing, I'm just cold, and my body hurts," I muttered softly. 

Jeremy sat up and furrowed his eyebrows in confusion, "I'm sorry what? I didn't know vampires got cold. Or ached for that matter." 

"Yeah, well, neither did I. I thought that one of the perks of being a vampire was that you didn't feel like you were running a fever. Maybe I was wrong." I mumbled. 

I felt someone's hands on my shoulders and opened my eyes, looking up to meet Connor's eyes, "Or maybe you weren't." 

"What the fuck?!" I hissed and jumped away, launching myself across the room. But when I blinked, Connor was gone.

"Europa?! Europa, what's wrong? What happened?" Jeremy asked in confusion as he ran up to me. 

What did he mean, what's wrong? Connor was standing right there. "Connor! He was right there!" I complained 

"Europa? Are you okay? I didn't see anything." Jeremy said worriedly.

Maybe it was in my head. Maybe my conscience was beating me up for what I had done. "No, uh, it's fine, guess I'm seeing things. I should get some sleep." I said and started to walk upstairs before pausing halfway up as the world started spinning for a moment before returning to normal. 

What was happening?

Thirty minutes later saw Jeremy gone to school. I had taken some blood bags and started to indulge myself in the living room, avoiding the kitchen, which smelled heavily of blood while my head pounded. 

Apparently, Elena saw us but thought we were Connor, snapped my neck, and jammed a knife in Jeremy's, hence the blood. This entire situation was weird, and now I was seeing Connor too?

"It's good, Europa!" Damon called, letting me know I could come into the kitchen.

Lethargically, I moved to one of the chairs and slowly sat down. Once my back hit the chair, I winced. Now my back was sore too, what next? 

Stefan's phone started ringing, and I groaned, setting my head down on the counter as the shrill sound only made my headache worse. "It's Klaus."

"Oooh, time to face the music. Pay the piper, dance with the devil." Damon laughed as he walked over to stand next to me. 

Stefan shot him a glare, "You know, I'm glad you find this amusing. If he finds out I told you about the cure; he'll kill both of us." 

"Quit avoiding him, that means shady. Shady people get outed." Damon advised before looking down at me, "What's wrong with you?" I shrugged my shoulders and winced again before shivering. "Did you just shiver?"