Chapter Seven

[7th Scar]

Aquarium

"So what made you stay here?" He lean on the desk beside me. He's watching me intently.

I looked away trying to avoid his eyes.

"I'm sleepy." I pouted. Damn. Meave what the hell are you doing? Pouting? Seriously? Stop acting cute because you are obviously not.

"Go on sleep. I'll stay here." I can't feel my face anymore. Seems like I would collapse any moment.

"But my mind is still not sleepy." I want to talk more.

I lost count of how many times I'm cussing myself.

"What's making your mind hyper then?" he curiously asked. Oh great. Now I am stuck making excuses. I'm really good at putting myself in awkward situation. I should get a medal for this.

"I don't know, aquarium?" I'm not even sure of what nonsense I am spouting.

"You want to go aquarium?" I slightly nodded and bowed my head. This is so embarrassing. I stiffen as I feel his hands in my hair.

"You're so cute when you blush." I think I'm going to collapse now. My heart's beating too loud I'm scared that he might hear it. I looked at the apple that I'm holding. I'm sure I am as red as this.

"I'm free tomorrow, Let's go to the aquarium." My eyes widen and I look at him without wasting any second. I wanted to ask him if he's crazy. But I found myself giving him a smile.

-

I put my bag under my study table and rummage my closet. What should I wear tomorrow? Should I wear a dress? How about skirt?

I didn't bother taking off my uniform. I wanted to find a great outfit for tomorrow. I don't know why but I want to impress him by dressing up. Not in a Barbie way though. I'll never be a Barbie, that's just. Nah. I don't even want to envision myself in that situation. I pulled a light khaki off shoulder but have a long sleeve. I'm seventeen but curves of my body are already in its right places. Then I pulled a dark blue high waisted denim short. Should I wear a heels? No. He might think that I'm too excited for that date.

"Shit." I muttered. Why am I thinking that it's going to be a date. We are obviously not a couple. He's my art teacher for Pete's sake. Yes. Remember it well Meave. Put it in that semi empty coconut shell of yours that that manly, hot, and handsome man is your teacher. Fine, I'd just use my Plain white sneaker. I put those chosen pieces of cloth in my study table and sat in my chair.

I can't believe he's asking me to aquarium. I tied my hair in a messy bun while looking at my desk. 10 AM tomorrow. In front of that coffee shop. I'll make sure to come a little bit late. I don't want to look so desperate to be around him. I'm lost in my though until hypnos hugged me from behind.

I woke up with a strange feeling. Why do I feel excited? It's just an aquarium. He's going to show me around because he's polite and he heard my answer that I wanted to go to that place that's why he felt responsible for it. I already know that but still. I look at the time and it says 8:09 AM. I got up and went to the bathroom to have a nice shower. The last thing that I wanted is to smell stinky.

I shield my face from the sunlight after stepping right outside the house. I walk and walk until I'm lost with words. Lots of children playing around while adults are quietly walking down the road.

I keep checking my reflection in my phone. My waves are ruled and ponytailed by a white ribbon. My cheeks are flushed with light peach and so is my Lips. I touch my exposed neck.

"It's fine, you're beautiful." I encouraged. With shaky legs, I marched my way to our meeting place. From a far, I can see an Adonis figure leaning against the wall. His hands in his pockets. The man is wearing a plain black vneck shirt and a denim pants. His eyes covered by sunglasses and his hair as stoic as him. It's been days since he transferred to White Lily Catholic School and his reputation there is already mighty. I touch few of my hair flowing right on the side of my face. He faced me as he felt that someone is going near him. His signature playful smile plastered in his face as I walk towards him. I stopped in front of him and crossed my arms.

"Good Morning Meave" He stood straight and pulled his hands from his pockets. Scents of mint and manliness enveloped my nose.

"Good morning Sir." I said quietly. He laughed softly and shake his head.

"I like it when you call me Sir but at the same time I hate it when you call me that."

This guy. He's always voicing out whatever he wanted to say. I looked on my right as I feel warm feelings reaching my face. I shouldn't have wear light makeup if I know I'll just end up blushing every time he say something. I've never been like this. In fact I can make my expression as stoic as possible but whenever I'm with him, I'm unguarded. I still don't know how he knows that I am in that park. He's so mysterious. So alluring.

"What do you want me to call you then?" I asked softly.

"Just call me Damien whenever we're outside the school." He shrugged. "Shall we?"

"Okay." I nodded and look at him.

We walked side by side as we conquer the road. Sunny breeze doing its job to make us feel comfortable. We walk until we saw a gate. 'Welcome to Ripley's Aquarium' The banner said.

I glance at him as I see him staring at me. That's when I found out I am smiling. He pulled me and we enter another world.

"Look at that colors." Excitement filled my voice. I never see as magical as this. Jellyfish swimming and showing us its vibrant personality. They illuminating the whole place. The way they change colors is just mesmerizing. I envy them. They can easily change from one color to another and yet everyone is falling in love without minding the change.

"Here, look at this." I heard him speak. I followed his hands and I see two jellyfish moving away from everyone. They are swimming with each other while trying their best to keep distant from the other jellyfish.

"It's fantastic." My eyes glued to the glass. I placed my hands on the glass only to feel the cold surface. Orange, violet, and blue. There still lots of colors and I'm to drawn to notice that Damien also placed his right hand on the glass. "They look beautiful right?" I asked.

"Yes. Very beautiful." I heard him whisper. I stiffened "Let's go see other amazing creatures."

We walked until all we can see different fishes interacting with divers. All shapes, sizes and even patterns. They are different with each other but they're complimenting one another.

"That's over one hundred species from Indo-Pacific region."

"Over One hundred? Wow." I can see the diver enjoying themselves as they swim. Bubbles rising from their face. That looks fun. I wonder if I could try it someday.

"Uh-huh."

"Where are the sharks?" I curiously asked.

He hold my hands and gently pulled me somewhere.

To be continued...