Chapter Ten

[10th Scar]

Gazebo

"What do you want to talk about?" I asked confused.

She smiled.

"I just wanted to be close with the class maybe you can help me." She said.

I raised my brow but smile afterwards.

"Hazel is our class president. It should be better if you asked her instead." I said.

"Oh. But I know that Hazel already busy with her duties so I don't want to disturb her." She scratched her head. Stop acting as if you're shy it's making me cringe. So you'd rather disturb me huh.

"I'm sorry but I am busy too." I softly said.

"Really? With who?" she asked curiously. Her attention is all on me as if trying to get an information from me. But about what? Maybe I'm just overthinking.

"What do you mean who?"

"I mean with what? Are you busy with school club?" She asked.

I just shrugged and look at the door then at her.

"Oh right you can go now. Thank you for your time kid." Kid? This girl is really getting on my nerves now.

"Excuse me?" I questioned.

She just smile and walk passed me probably go to the teacher's table. I didn't bother to look at her back. The day continued smoothly until the bell rung. I still don't feel like going home so I roamed at the campus. My feet brought me to the school's mini forest. Tall mahogany trees are standing straight and proud. Varieties of trees giving shade to the ground. I entered it and went straight to the gazebo. I'm silently wishing that there's no one in there but I saw a man's back leaning on the wooden gazebo. I sigh.

Dry leaves made some noise when I step forward. He seems to hear it since the environment is indeed peaceful. He turned around. He smiled after seeing who destroyed the peace given by the surrounding.

"You still won't go home?" He asked.

"I don't feel like going home yet. And you?" I stayed at the opposite side of gazebo. I ironed my skirt using my hand and tiptoed to sit on the top rail. My hand traced the oak framed rail. I look at him and see that he's watching my movements.

"Same goes for me. Also, I like this ambiance so I guess I'll stay for a while. You don't have school works?" He placed his hands inside his pockets.

"Nothing really." I replied. I look around the greenery. It's like we are in another world. It's normal to have mini forests in every school but the ambience it gives is really one of a kind. It makes me feel so comfortable and sleepy.

"I heard Ms. Michaels is your teacher in Calculus now. How is she as a teacher? Are you listening well?" He curiously asked. Why are you so curious? Do you like her?

Oh come on Meave. So what if he likes her? As if that concern you.

"She's great at teaching." Which is very shocking. I expected her to continue her flirty act but I underestimated her. She's good at seducing while teaching. What a great talent!

"What happened to Mr. Oliver tho? Why did he suddenly quit his job?" I asked.

"I don't know. But I guess there's a deep reason behind it." He said. I look at his icy eyes. It's on lighter blue which is very fascinating. He seems calm. Maybe that's because of the peaceful ambience.

"You know Ms. Michaels?" I asked. It's not as if I am interested. I keep telling to myself.

"Yes, I met her after I transferred here." He nodded.

I don't understand but I suddenly feel like my blood is boiling. Strange emotions fills my system. I don't like it. Maybe because I had a bad impression of her. Yes, maybe that's the reason. I'm not jealous. Of course not. Why would I be?

"You like her?" I asked. I'm stunned after realizing what I asked. He laugh and shake his head.

"Why did you ask?" Tss. Is it too hard to answer that?

"Nothing. Never mind my question." I look at my side. I heard the floor creak. He started walking towards me. Bullet of sweats started forming in my forehead. When will I get used to it? It's not as if I'm not comfortable. To be honest I feel secure and that's the reason why I can't help but to be confused and slightly panic.

I catch my breath as he messed my hair.

"Of course not silly. I'm just curious if you're listening to your class."

"I am!" I replied fast. He chuckle after hearing the conviction in my voice.

"Yeah?" He teased. I can't help but to roll my eyes. The silence filled the surrounding again but he decided to break it.

"Want to have dinner with me?" He suddenly asked. Heat rushed to my cheeks as I pursed my lips to suppress a smile.

"I don't think that's a great idea." I said.

"And why is that?" He tilts his head to the side. You know what I am talking about. Stop playing clueless.

"You are my teacher and I am your student. Someone might see us and misunderstood things." I tried explaining. I'm finding words to put together but I only found limited vocabularies.

"Then we just need to be careful so no one would see us right?" He insisted. He really won't stop, will he?

"Fine." I said but I instantly look around after hearing rustling made by dry leaves. Is someone in there? I traveled my gaze but find no one.

"What's wrong?" Folds appear as he furrow his brows.

"Nothing. I said." Still looking around.

To be continued...