Chapter Three

[3rd Scar]

Black Paint

"Meave stop crying."

I wanted to stop tears from flowing but I'm too weak to be followed. I am not a master of my tears yet but someday, these tears are going to be my slave.

"But... How?"

I look at my mother as I wipe my tears with my hands. The way her eyes turns into a parabola as she smile soothes me.

"How about this, we will go to the park if you would stop crying." Her warm hands reaches my face. My face looks so small in her hands. I smile and closed my eyes. This warmth that I cannot describe. I feel so safe. I spread my arms to initiate a hug which she gladly give. My mom is my everything. She's my bestfriend and my mother. My enemy.

I rest my cheek in her shoulder as she carry me to the room. We enter a beautiful room. It's all in pastel pink and cream white. Like a princess room. She lay me in the purest white and soft mattress. Beside it is a wooden table that holds the pink lamp shade. The white fur carpet peacefully lying in marble tiles. And finally, My white study table. Everything is white and pink.

It's all perfect. My painting resting in easel. It's still not done. Maybe I will continue that tomorrow. Acrylic paints are laying on top of newspaper to protect the tiles. I smiled.

Everything is perfect.

Until it is not.

"Meave! Meave!"

I scream as I feel the full hit in my stomach. My body can't handle it. I cough and cough and blood rushing in my mouth.

"Who told you that you can sleep without my permission?" He growled. I crouch to ease the pain but it won't. I can't help but to sob.

I don't care how loud my voice is. It hurts. He yanked my hair and drag me to the floor. Everything is getting blurry. My face getting numb for crying but my body. I can feel every punch. I try to reach his hand to free my hair but I can't. He holds it so tight that I feel my skin is being pulled. I look at him with eyes full of tears.

"Please, stop-"

My voice broke as he pushed me, violently pressing my face to the ground. Then he pull my hair and slam my face to the tiles. I can hear something break. Blood.

Blood everywhere.

Blood gushing in the white tiles reaching the white carpet.

"Sto-"I can't even finish my word. It hurts. I'm panicking. I don't know what's happening. I don't understand.

I keep screaming.

I scream until he let go of my hair.

I look at him and my eyes widen. He went to my painting and get the black acrylic paint and a brush. He then look at me and laugh. Someone help me. Please.

Please. Help me. Help me. Help me. Kill me.

I woke up sweating.

I pushed my head back as I catch my breath.

"I am safe. No one is going to hurt me." I keep repeating it even though I am still catching my breath. My heart is beating so fast. I can even feel it in my head. I look at the clock right in front of me. Three in the morning.

"Great." With rolling eyes, I left my study table. I went directly down stair. Its pitch black but I can still see clearly. I went to the kitchen and open the fridge. I get a cake and closed it as soon as possible. The inside is ruining my mood.

I sit down to the floor and lay my back against its door. Then voraciously eat the whole cake with my bare hands.

-

I threw my head laughing at Nina's joke. The room gives it cheerful vibes to everyone.

"I told you she's crazy." Jake replied.

We laughed again after sensing pure disgust from his voice. Everyone in the room knows how Nina likes Jake. Or perhaps, obsess?

"Both of you could make a good pair." I said while laughing.

"Right?" Nina asked with her exaggerated hand gestures. She tried hugging Jake but he instantly get out in his seat.

"Eww. No thanks Meave I'm fine by my own."

I suddenly feel uncomfortable. Like someone is staring at me. I wander my eyes and I caught someone's stare right out of the door. He smirked at me and closed the door behind him.

Everyone got back to their seat and so do I. Since today is Wednesday , our art class is scheduled for two hours. I just rolled my eyes for that idea.

"He's the new Art teacher right?"

"I heard from the faculty that he is strict."

"Faculty? Why are you even in the faculty?"

I turned around and clearly, some are whispering or should I say. Those guys at the back doesn't seem to care anyway. I shrugged. Well, hot male teacher doesn't attracts boys.

"Let me introduce myself to this class. I am Damien Brax. I will be your new art teacher for the whole semester."

"His name sounds so hot."

"Tss. Shut up guys this is a catholic school for God's sake."

"What's wrong with that? I just said that he's hot."

"Just stop."

I shake my head. Obviously, everyone is curious. Yet here I am, playing with my sign pen to avoid his eyes. I can't deal with him right now. I'm too sleepy. He explained what we are going today and it seems like we are going to paint a scenery. Everyone stand to arrange their chairs and easel. I went straight to the back beside the window then put down the easel. He provided primary colors and a blank canvas.

"Let your imagination wander." He said and look at me. I instantly look away facing the window. What does he mean? I frowned.

"Sir." I hear someone called.

"Yes?"

"Can we have a full set of paint? It is troublesome to use just primary colors." It seems like she's the angel in disguise of the room since everyone agreed and thanked her for speaking up. Everyone started voicing out their request until he laughed.

Silenced fills the room and his masculine voice is the only one you can hear. I got confused by the sudden silence so I look around.

I regret looking around.

Every girls face is bright red. They are eyeing the teacher in front with great adoration. While guys are looking at those girls with disbelief. He's captivating them with his charms and it looks like he's aware of it. I threw dagger of glare at him. I can't believe this guy.

"Limited colors doesn't mean you are limited with what you can do with it. Let your Imagination be your draft and emotions be your palette." He smiled.

Everyone agreed and started doing their things.

Scenery huh?

"What's the first thing that you think when someone says scenery?" I heard him say. He says another phrase but my mind is too preoccupied now. Scenery.

What's with the scenery?

Is there anywhere I wanted to go?

Then I found myself picking the brush and mixing the colors.

To be continued...