Chapter Nine

[9th Scar]

Ms. Alexandria

Another week passed. I don't know if I should be happy about it. No one asked me about what happened. My life is going as smooth as my skin but not for her. She's being bullied for a week now. Everyone in the class is doing they best to show their disgust with Emily. I don't want to be involved with it. Mind your own business Meave. Words that I've been keeping in my head for a week now. Wearing my uniform. I comb my hair while staring at the mirror. No one aside from me is inside the female bathroom. The cream wall and white tiles are screaming cleanliness. Ha. As if someone would believe it. Even you clean the bathroom and filled it with bleach in every minute, people would still think that it's filled with germs. You can't easily change someone's thinking. I returned the brush in my pouch and started spraying vanilla perfume to my neck and wrist.

Before I can put it back the door opened and the door showed Emily. Her uniform is a complete mess. I stare at her from toe to head. I put the perfume on the sink and focus on her appearance. Her hair is far too messed up compared to my brushed hair. Her eyes are puffy and her skirt...

The front of her skirt, It's covered with black ink.

I swallowed hard.

She looked down and went to the sink. She's right beside me and I can clearly see her face in the mirror. She pulled some tissues and soaked it in water. She wiping the ink even though she knew it won't make a change.

"What happened?" My question almost sound like a whisper. She was stunned for a moment. She looked in to my eyes and I can see that she's about to cry again. She looked down and continue what she's doing. I watch her shaking hands wiping her skirt. Its noon time and lunch break just finished. I look at my left hand and see my wristwatch screaming that we only have ten minutes before the class starts.

"Do you want to borrow my PE uniform?" I offered.

She shook her head to decline. She's panicking. I sigh. I put the perfume in my pouch and return it in my back. I shrugged. I hang it I my right shoulder and turn my back. If people don't want your help then don't help them. They made their decision and that should be respected. I reached the doorknob but she suddenly call my name.

"Meave."

I stare at the doorknob.

"What is it?" I asked. Making sure that my voice won't show any unnecessary emotions.

"I know you're like me too. I know you are just pretending." She laughed.

My grip from tighten. I smirk. You'll never know because you're not me. I opened the door and find my way to the class.

You're wrong Emily. We are not the same. You can't hide yourself and you are finding sanctuary in someone else's arms while I am being my own hero. I don't need someone else. The class is having fun and returning to their seats when I entered the room.

"Meave where did you go?" Amanda's voice bombarded the silence. Great. Just great.

"Bathroom." I said while smiling. She returned the smile and went to my desk.

"Hey, hey. You have to see Emily's look it's so disgusting." She laughed. I looked around to see that almost everyone is suppressing their laughter.

"I already did." I said. Her smile grew bigger.

"She looks like a trash right? Wait. You went to the bathroom right? So it means she's there right now. Is she crying?" Excitement showing from her voice.

"I bet she's crying her eyes out." I heard someone say.

"She looks like a trash."

"Oh guys I'm depressed too." Someone mimicked and the class is filled with laughter again. These pathetic people.

A lady entered the room. She's wearing a similar uniform like the teacher's uniform. She smiled at everyone and went to the front desk.

"Settle down guys." She softly said.

She looked at me and smirk. I met her gaze with a confused face. Who is this girl?

"I am Ms. Alexandria Michaels. I'll be your substitute teacher in Calculus. Nice seeing you all." She smiled sweetly at everyone. The room opened and everyone's attention is on Emily. She's wearing her PE uniform. She smiled apologetically to the person in front and went back to her desk. Her desk is right beside me.

"Why are you not wearing your type A uniform miss?" Ms. Alexandria asked.

The silence is waiting for her to speak up. I wonder if she will.

She looked down. "I stained it, sorry." She said quietly. I smirked. Martyr. Some of the class cleared their throat and some chuckles.

"Don't mind her Ma'am she's just really clumsy." A guy from the second row said.

"Oh I see." She smiled to the guy and tuck some strands of her blond hair to her ear. I stared at her. Are you seducing your student?

I'm playing with my ballpoint when I decided to look outside from the window. I'd rather look outside that to look at her. I don't like her aura. It screams fake.

The class went well. I'm quite surprised

"Okay, See you guys tomorrow." Again, she flashed her sweetest smile. Boys are making noises because of it. She's obviously stealing the boys attention and the girls from the class are hating it.

I stood and carry my bag.

"Meave Can you stay? We'll just talk about something. Don't worry It will be fast."

I looked at her face trying to read her face but she just smiled at me.

To be continued...