Friendship Through the Ages

Things for Twilight has certainly gotten interesting. As it turned out, Ford's great nephew turned out to be Dipper. It certainly was a surprise but it made so much sense now that she thought about it. They went on an expedition to research the different types of magic dust and what effects it had on people.

The experiments stem from making someone sleepy, to even changing the mood of a person in a matter of seconds. To Twilight, it fun to figure out what magic dust did. She always love to discover new things, no matter how big or small they may be.

Now she was roaming around town, since she didn't feel like visiting the Mystery Shack today and both Dipper and Ford were busy. Her father would be mad about her not doing what she was told to do, but even she deserves a little time to relax too.

She wandered around town, trying to find something to do when she spotted two elderly ladies nearby.

One of them had light grey wavy hair with a lighter horizontal streak like Ford's, wearing a orange tank-top and light yellow skirt that went past her knees. The other one had shorter and darker hair, swooped over the side of her face. She was wearing glasses that was rested on her face, a green jacket, jean shorts, and black boots.

They were each carrying a brown bag while chatting with each other with smiles. Suddenly, a guy dressed in black ran up and grabbed a purse the one with the orange tank-top was carrying.

"Hey! Thief!" She cried out, pointing at the thief running away.

Thinking fast, Twilight ran after him as she snapped her fingers. A nearby fire hydrant burst and shot water at the thief, trapping him in the process. Two cops came to the scene and handcuffed the thief, one of them even returning the purse to the lady. Twilight smiled, happy to do a good deed as she turned around to leave.

"Hey kid."

The two elderly ladies from before walked up to her, smiles on their aging faces.

"We saw you run after that thief to get my purse back. We don't know what exactly happened, but we have a feeling it was you who did it." Said the one with the orange tank-top.

"And for that, we thank you."

"It's wasn't much trouble. I just wanted to do something good."

"Well as someone who went through such lengths to do just that, deserves a reward. We were on our way home to bake some cookies, would you like to come by?" Asked the one in the green jacket.

Twilight thought about the offer. She hadn't eaten anything recently... and she has never heard of these treats called cookies before. Smiling, she responded.

"I'll be happy to escort you two back in case another thief comes by."

The two elderly women laughed.

"Well thank you..." The one in the orange tank-top trailed off.

"Twilight."

"Well thank you Twilight. I'm Gracie, and this is Blythe."

The three girls headed away from the center of town, ready to bake some cookies.

~~~

They arrived at a small house painted red and beige as the one in the green jacket, the one named Blythe, unlocked the door and opened it.

"Make sure to take off your shoes and jacket, the shelf and rack are right here." Said Gracie, taking off the slip-ons she was wearing.

Twilight followed as she removed her boots, jacket and headband, placing them in the right places as she followed them inside the house. It was decorated with many souvenirs and knick-knacks that weren't from Gravity Falls, there were even flags on the walls with names under them.