Nightmares and Reconciliations

I swear, these chapters are getting longer and longer. But I hope you enjoy the chapter nonetheless.

~~~

Twilight thought just visiting the Pines was tiring. Now that she was living with them, everyday was practically a party. Like when Mabel invited her friends over for a sleepover while Dipper and Ford went out exploring. As much as she wanted to join them, it did feel nice to hang out with other girls around her age. Doing activities with them, getting makeovers, and even building a pillow city because pillow forts are too tamed.

When she and Ford told the family the story about her other home being "no longer safe" for her to stay in, they immediately welcomed her with open arms... and by Mabel in a literal stance. Stan was happy to let her stay in exchange for her working at the Mystery Shack, which she was glad to do. This family has done so much for her, this and helping Ford seal the Rift is the least she could do to help.

It was late at night, Twilight in her original form was resting in her own personal bubble in Ford's room. The only times when she could truly appear as herself is when she and Ford are alone. They have many sessions of tests and research of what Twilight could and couldn't do, exploring how much power Bill had given her. To her, it's fun to see the full extent of her powers without hurting anyone.

She was taken out of her rest when she heard groaning coming from Ford. The bubble encasing her popped as she looked down at him in worry, seeing him toss and turn with a pained expression.

"He must be having a nightmare..." Twilight said to herself, floating closer. "I doubt a simple shove or yelling his name will be enough. If only I could..."

It was then that she remembered one of the many things she learned about herself from her and Ford's sessions, him explaining to her that she's a Dream Demon like her dad. She has the ability to enter anyone's mind or dreams as she wishes, but she's been afraid to explore that specific power in fear of harming someone's psyche in the process. But maybe this could be the perfect opportunity to use that power for good.

Without wasting another second, she places her hand on his forehead, feeling how cold it feels even from all the layers he's wearing. She didn't have time to think about it as she enters his dreams.

~Twilight opened her eye to find herself floating above a field of wheat, a dismantled machine in the distance and a wreaked boat in another direction. She looked around, hoping to find Ford when she heard screaming. She turned to where it came from to see her father levitating Ford in the air with his powers, the six fingered scientist trying to escape.

"Now that I finally caught you Sixer, we can begin the fun!"

blue chains attached themselves onto Ford's wrists and ankles, keeping him still as her father prepares to torture him. Not wanting to see him be tortured, Twilight decides to step in and summon a giant hammer to squash Bill to the ground. The attack caused her father to poof into purple smoke as Ford was freed from the chains, falling to the ground. Twilight quickly caught him with her own powers and gently settled him down into the wheat field.

"Ford! Are you okay?! You're not hurt, are you?" She asked worriedly, floating down to him.

"Twilight!? What're you...?" Ford asked, looking around.

"This is all a dream. And you were having a nightmare just now."

"A nightmare? That would explain the bizarre location..." He mumbled, what she said seemed to have snapped him into lucidity.

"When I heard you having a nightmare in your sleep, I finally decided to try out going into dreams by stopping the nightmare you were having. I have to say, as barren as this place is... it's also quite fascinating to see what you can come up with. Like for example, I could imagine it's raining cats and dogs."