4

Kylie and Annie were currently sitting at a small resturante, eating some lunch. They had taken a break from their shopping round and had decided to go eat. 

When Kylie first had started working at the Irwin's Café, Annie had walked up to her and they had started talking about everything and nothing. At the end of the day they decided that they should go out shopping together some day. Now the shopping round had become a monthly thing. Every month they picked a day and went out shopping together, which they both loved.

"So," Kylie started and looked up from her sallad. "You and Michael, huh?"

Kylie saw a blush creep up on her best friend's cheek. "What do you mean?" Annie asked, acting confused.

"Oh, come one! I saw the way you two looked at each other two days ago when he came to the café." Kylie laughed at Annie's failed attempt to try and hid it. "You know what I'm talking about! Do you like him?"

"What? No! Of course not." Annie said, looking everywhere but into Kylie's eyes.

"Don't lie to me, Annie! I know you good enough to know when you lie." Kylie chuckled and shook her head. "Just admit that you like him."

"But I do not lik-" She started but then made the mistake to look up at Kylie. "FIne, I might, maybe, possible like him a litte, tiny bit."

"I knew it!" Kylie exclimed a bit to loud, making Annie to quiet her down. "Ask him out!"

"No!" Annie said and had a look on her face that showed pure horror. "Just because i like him doesn't it mean that he likes me back."

"Oh, but he does." Kylie said. "How can you not see it? It's so obvious!"

Annie just shook her and smiled at the thought of Michael. For some reason she had grown quite fond in the red haired boy. It was something about him that made the butterflys in her stomach swirl around. She had never felt that way before with anyone.

"What about you and Ashton then, huh?" Annie asked and smirked. "He seams quite fond of you."

"I guess you could say he is. He asked me out two days ago while we were in the staff room." Kylie chuckled and Annie's eyes widen.

"He actually did it? I thought he was gonna chicken out.." Annie laughed.

"Wait, you knew?" 

"Yeah, we talked about it that morning." Annie said. "But what did you say?"

"I said no." Kylie shrugged and took a sip of her drink.

"What?" Annie asked confused. "I thought you liked him!"

"I guess you could say that I like him a little. But I don't have time for a relationship right now."

"You are so stupid sometimes, Kyles." Annie chuckled and shook her head. "What did he say then?"

"I told him that I would just end up breaking his heart and he quoted Augustus Waters." 

"He did not." Annie said with widen eyes and burt out laughing when Kylie nodded to confirm that Ashton actually had said that.

"That poor boy! You should give him a chance at least."

"I don't know.." Kylie mumbled. "Maybe.."

✿ ✿ ✿ ✿ ✿

Ashton on the other hand, had not left his aparment for two days straight. He had a free day from work one of the days and stayed home 'sick' the other one. He really hadn't been in the mood to see Kylie right now after he had been rejected. Right now he was lying in the bed and watching netflix, while checking his phone, enjoying the home time.