Chapter 4

Layla's POV
Nine hours.

It have been nine hours since I last saw Lucy.

I know what Jude let her do.

And I hated it. It not right. She is only an innocent baby.

He keep polluting her mind.

I know how it feel to watch someone suffer. To be in pain. To kill.

I know she is only doing this to protect and support us.

But I want to do that. I am her mother for Christ sake!

I know why Jude treat us like this.

Women in the Underground or in real life is known to serve under men. The only use for us, wives, is to have their heirs and serve under our husbands.

Our husband can have mistresses and whores if they want or pleases but us, wives are learn to keep silent.

Jude always called Lucy bad names or curses words because he want her to be use to names society throw at her. He want her to get use to the bad treatment and low respect men are going to have for her. He want her to be strong, brave and independent.

He may not show it but he deeply care for her.

But by protecting her and learning her how hard society is, he make her costume to reality.

He is doing all of this even though he know she is going to hate him more.

Click Click.

I was sitting on the left stairs waiting for her to come home.

Jake and his men walk in looking around. Maybe checking for any sign of danger. He don't even spare me a glance. When they were done 'checking', Jake shout 'yes sir' to the double door. Then Jude walk in after a moment, I quickly stand up and lower my head in respect. He did something I don't expected in front of everyone.

He walk towards me.

All the time he called uh ....... demand me towards him not the other way around but he actually walk to me in from of everyone. Jake face was priceless. If my Lu was here, she would be trying to hold in a upcoming  laugh or smirk. By the way where is my Lu. I start to look around seeing if I can find her. But if she was here, she would have run to me and hug me.

"If you are wondering where she is, she isn't here."Jude said once he was standing one feet from me. My eyes meet his and it's like his eyes soften from the usually cold ones. "She begin training". I gasp. I don't expect at this early age.

"You don't even let me say good bye", I whisper so he alone could hear.

"She will call". Then he walk away to the next stairs. It feel like my feet could hold me again, slowly sliding down to sit, letting a few tears slid down my cheek. I cover my mouth as I sob.

"She is just a baby".

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

After putting myself together because of my baby Lucy wouldn't like to see me like this.

I make dinner because the maid that live here is either Jude's whores, that I am tired of killing or they don't serve us.

Jude don't know this though. And I don't bother to complain.

Because I love cooking and it make me happy that my children love my food.