Episode 3

As the morning sun rose, Dijun woke up to an empty spot beside him, where Feng Jiu was sleeping, but found her gone, he had figured that she went back to her Palace so people would not be getting the wrong idea about them.

'She seemed like she wanted to be close to me' Dijun thought as he got up from the bed, pulling his purple gown on and sat at the table, his only maid poured him a cup of tea, bowed her head in greeting to her Lord before walking out of his Palace.

Since the day she came to the Heavenly Realm and when he met her for the first time, Dijun found himself wondering about the girl, her look of shock, surprise and happiness filled around him and made him wish he had never took his name off in the first place.

But as the days went on and the day she put her life on the line, he grew somewhat fond of her, inch by inch every day, for soon, it would seem impossible for him to deny it anytime soon.

Back in her Palace, Feng Jiu woke with the morning sun, she ached from her shoulder down to her chest as her personal maid cleaned and re-dressed her wound, gently helping her into a new dress.

'He looked really handsome when he sleeps' Feng Jiu thought, tilting her head to the side before one of her maids straightened her head, so they could brush her long black luscious soft hair

Feng Jiu watched her maid adorn her hair with her favourite hair pins to compliment her crown through the mirror she brought with her from back home.

"Ah! I have to go see Gugu!" Feng Jiu exclaimed out loud and suddenly got up and walked out of her Palace.

As she reached outside of her Palace, she transformed into her fox form, running off towards the Empress and Emperor's Palace.

Back in Taichen Palace, Dijun sat opposite Si Ming at the table, discussing the details about his fight with the Demon Queen Yan Zhi.

"How did your business go?" Si Ming asked as Dijun's maid poured them both a cup of tea and held one each to the former Emperor and Si Ming who accepted.

"Feng Jiu found me in the Mortal Realm, in the bamboo forest outside the village, she proceeded to argue with me about her not needing protection, but the Queen used her magic and Feng Jiu went in front of me and took the hit" Dijun said sipping his tea.

"She got injured?" Si Ming asked as Dijun nodded his head.

"It might look like someone has a thing for the little Princess" Si Ming said with a laugh before his laughter cut off from the death stare Dijun was giving him.

After Feng Jiu got to her aunt's Palace, she found her sitting at the table and sipping peach wine from her cup.

A waft of peach scent came by Feng Jiu's fox nose and she sighed in relief before turning into her human form, she walked to her aunt's side and sat beside her, laying her head on her shoulder.

"Are you alright Feng Jiu? I heard you got injured" Bai Qian said, patting her niece on the head softly as Feng Jiu nodded her head.

Feng Jiu launched into her story of finding Dijun in the Mortal Realm, she protected him from an onslaught of magic swords and got injured in the process and that Dijun took her back to his Palace to bind her wounds.

"Do you like him Feng Jiu?" Bai Qian asked as Feng Jiu sighed, she had been so careful, but she caused trouble for Dijun which she knew she would get punished.

"I don't know, I feel like I have fallen in love with him, but all I ever did was cause trouble for him" Feng Jiu said.

"I never thought that once in my life I would be so in love, I wanted to travel, like you did before I settle down and decided what I want" she added, interlocking her fingers from the pain in her shoulder.

"I was like that to, I understand how you feel Feng Jiu, I was so intent on being with my shifu before he died, before I was even sent to the Mortal Realm to begin my trial to ascend to High Goddess" Bai Qian said.

"Do you think I could do the trial to ascend to High Goddess like you?" Feng Jiu asked, glancing at her aunt in curiosity.

"Maybe, but it depends on your obligations" Bai Qian said, patting her niece's hand with a smile. Feng Jiu felt comfort when she talked with her aunt, happier than she had been, before, she was stuck back home in Qing Qiu with no way of the world.

Feng Jiu knew that ruling wasn't in her blood, even though she was born a royal, she already knew that since she caused trouble to Dijun, she now wondered if she could get her aunt to apologise to him for her.

"Gugu, may I ask you of a favour?" Feng Jiu asked, her aunt looked at her with a worried look.

Ever since Feng Jiu was born, she was the most beautiful girl in the world, Bai Qian was excited to help her niece find a nice husband in the future.

But now she worried that the man Feng Jiu chose to fall in love with, was none other then the emotionless Lord Dijun himself.

"What is it?" her aunt asked and she readied herself to ask.

"Could you apologise to Lord Dijun for me, for causing so much trouble in his Palace?" Feng Jiu asked.

"I think you may need to do that yourself Feng Jiu, now that you are a Queen, you can't ask me for favours anymore" Bai Qian said.

After aunt said those words, Ah Li came running into the Palace, calling out to his mother cousin, he stopped in front of them and bowed to them in respect.

"Greetings mother, greetings you Majesty" he said before he got off the floor and ran into his mothers arms.

Wanting to give them time, Feng Jiu excused herself and walked out the Palace, walking to the East Side Gate to return home. She would return after her errands were done as she walked through the Gate to her Kingdom of Qing Qiu.

Arriving at her fox den after a while, Feng Jiu found Dijun standing there, an arm behind his back as he walked back and forth, focused on the book he was reading.

To avoid talking to him, Feng Jiu transformed into her fox form and walked up to him, her nine red tails showing.

Dijun saw something red move in his line of vision and he looked down to see a nine tailed red fox, sitting there and looking up at him as he used his magic to make the book disappear, he bent down and gently picked up the fox.

'He seems really gentle' Feng Jiu thought to herself as she leaned her head against his chest, purring as he walked to the table and sat down, holding her in his arms.

A few hours before the red fox appeared in front of him, he had went to find Feng Jiu, to see how her injuries were healing.

When he saw the fox however, a smile came to his face, which was odd, considering he never smiled at all, the only time he smiled, was when something went wrong.

'She must be with her aunt' Dijun thought to himself, holding the fox in his arms who had fallen asleep.