Episode 11

As the carriage stopped near the centre of the village, the Prince jumped down to the ground from the carriage and holding her by the waist, he helped her down, his arms around her waist and her hands on his shoulders.

Blushing red, Xiaobai pushed away from him, replaying the memory of him kissing her just then in her mind over and over as she felt more embarrassed then she did.

Linking her arm with his, the Prince led her towards the crowds of people, some greeted then and bowed, some told him that he had a lovely and beautiful bride as Xiaobai thanked them for their kind words about her.

Buying a pink rose flower, the Prince settled the rose between her ear and her head, she smiled shyly to him as he led her along the shops that sold food, jewellery and clothes.

Xiaobai picked out some gifts for her mother and her maid, placing them into a bag that she bought to hold all of her findings she bought during the festival.

Out of everything, Xiaobai loved the crown sitting on her forehead, but she didn't know the meaning behind it, or why he gave her such a beautiful gift.

"May I ask why you gave me such a beautiful gift? I had not prepared you one" she said as he smiled.

"A man who gives his lover a gift, means that love with be eternal between the two people" he said as she blushed and looked away.

As they walked around the corner, they came to a mask stand, masks of all sorts hung from hooks.

"Pick which mask you want and I will buy it for you" she said as he nods and picks up a fox mask, with dangling charms hanging from each ear.

Placing the mask upon the Princess's face, she looked to him in confusion as he leaned down and smiled at her.

"It is my gift from you, but I want you to wear it" he said and patted her hand before linking his arm with hers and led her away from the stand.

As the night wore on, Dijun led her to the floating lanterns along the beach, adults and kids roamed around, writing on the unlit lanterns before lighting them up and letting then float into the night sky.

Letting go of his arm, Xiaobai hurried down to the beach, taking a unlit lantern and a lighter before accepting a black marker from a young child to write on her lantern.

Dijun followed her, taking the same materials Xiaobai had, also encouraging both Cha Cha and Qingti to take a lantern to write on.

Xiaobai kneeled down on the soft sand and smoothed her lantern out, holding the marker as she started to write on hers, Dijun and the others followed suit and wrote on their own lanterns.

After she was done, she had the Prince hold the top of her lantern as she used the lighter to ignite the lantern.

As both the Prince and her let both of their lanterns out into the sky, she smiled happily before the mask slipped from her and he saw that she had a tear running down her face.

Turning her to him, he held her in his arms gently, soothing her and wiping her tear away.

"What's wrong?" he asked as she sniffed.

"I made a wish that we would be together forever, it seems I have started to have affections for you, I didn't even know I had the chance to have emotions" she said and smiled into his chest.

As everyone's lanterns filled the night sky, Dijun felt like someone was watching them and when he turned around, he saw the outline of a girl walking away.

As the first night of the festival ended, Dijun took the Princess home, riding in the carriage, she had her head on his shoulder, her eyes closed with sleep. Just as they got into the carriage and he moved her head to his shoulder, she fell asleep instantly.

'She's sleepy, she must have had a good night tonight' he thought as he kissed her head and leaned his own against hers.

As they returned to the Palace, he held her in his arms as she stirred away before he stopped her.

"Just sleep my love" he said softly to her as she nodded before falling back to sleep. When he got to her chamber, he laid her on the bed, before pulling the pins from her hair, letting it spread out on the bed behind her.

Removing the silk that hung from her arms, he had Cha Cha fetch some warm tea for her when she woke up and moved the blanket over her shoulders.

He gently and silently placed her pins on the tray beside the fox mask and the goodies she obtained from the festival, her shoes beside her bed. After Cha Cha returned with the tea, the Prince excused her and Cha Cha bowed as she left the room.

He sat beside her bed as she slept, watching her brows furrow, meaning she wasn't have a good dream. He gently stroked her forehead down to the tip of her nose, her brows relaxed as she sniffed gently before sneezing.

Leaving her to sleep, Dijun went back to the village to find the girl who was following them. His mind was on the safety of the Princess, the woman he fell in love with before his name appeared on the rock.

Having losing her to the mortal Realm, he had the feeling of being gutted because he was to silly enough to tell the fox Queen he loved her.

Back at the Palace, the tea boiled softly on the table, staying warm for when the Princess woke up.

As Feng Jiu opened her eyes, she found herself in her room at the Tang Palace, looking around before sitting up, she saw a  man sitting at her table reading a book.

Sensing she was awake, the Prince turned in his seat, seeing the Princess sitting up on her bed, he poured some tea into an empty cup for her and walked to her.

Sitting beside her on the bed, he held the tea out to her and she took it, mumbling her thanks, she sipped the tea while looking at the man sitting on her bed.

The doors to her chamber opened and her maid walked in, she looked to the Prince and bowed her head, greeting him as he nodded back to her and she turned to Xiaobai and bowed her head greeting her Highness.

"His Majesty the King and her Majesty the Queen has come to see your Highness the Imperial Princess" Cha Cha said with a smile.