What if......

Edit this while listening to Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi

*****

Forth POV

I named him Beam because he seemed to glow when I first discovered him. He looks small and frail but his eyes show how strong he is. And to me he is also like light that illuminates my dark life without direction. And over time, the light is getting stronger. Until I think, if I lose him maybe I will not be able to see everything again.

"What do you want to eat?" I asked Beam, looking at the menu at a fast food restaurant. Beam pointed to the order he wanted. I mentioned the Beam order as well as me to the cashier. I told Beam to find a seat while I waited for our order. Beam chose a window seat.

I glance at him. No one would have believed if I said that he was my child. He and I clearly look different. Beam skin is so white that even if it basks in the sun it won't burn it while I don't need to sunbathe to make my skin brown. People will say that Beam must look like his mother. His mother would be very beautiful if she could give birth to a child as handsome as a Beam.

I chuckle when a woman approaches Beam. He is really popular. But as usual, Beam looked at the woman coldly. He shook his head and pointed at me. The woman looked at me in surprise and left Beam. She returned to his desk and now there were four women staring at me sharply.

"Sir. Your order is complete."

I woke up and took our order. I walked towards Beam and placed the order on the table.

"What did you say to that woman?" I asked "why do you reject it? She looks beautiful" I said.

Beam snorted and ate his burger "I said that I am gay and you are my sugar daddy"

Preffffff ....

I spouted my drink on the table. Beam laughed at my reaction

"Funny? Is that funny?" I asked, annoyed while wiping my wet table and clothes.

"Ehm .. Funny" Beam replied while looking at me "if I say I don't like them then they will say it because I have not tried to get to know them. They will continue to force. If I say I like a woman they will ask what kind of woman they are. I like it. And if I say someone's name they will follow that woman everywhere. The point is they are so annoying "

I shook my head at the explanation.

"So I used this strategy. Saying I'm gay and you're my sugar daddy. Besides, I'm not lying. You really are my daddy," he replied, emphasizing his voice in the word "daddy"

Arghhhh ....

He made me think nonsense. I shook my head and hit his head hard "sugar daddy your knee"

"What if this rumor spreads!" I protest. Beam smiled "why? Didn't Pho say he didn't want to get married?"

"Not Pho, but what about you? If you meet someone you like and they will misunderstand?" I protest.

Beam looked at me and smiled faintly "so Pho is worried about Beam?" He asked in a soft voice and a reddened face.

Yes! What happened to him? hairs on my neck to stand up. Normally he would always fight my words in a cold and harsh tone.

"O-of course. If you are single for life, who will take care of you if I am not there later?" I said. Beam fell silent. He looked at me closely.

"I'll be fine by myself so Pho doesn't need to worry" He answered a few moments later.

I sighed "Having a family is better than being alone" I said. He laughed softly and looked at me "talking about yourself Pho" he taunted.

"Hey. I'm not alone. you are there" I replied.