They Are Better Then Me

Forth POV

I opened my bathroom door because Beam threatened to call Lam or an ambulance if I didn't open my bathroom door in five minutes. I smiled thinly and saw him standing in front of my bathroom door, staring at me worriedly.

"What happened?" He asked while checking my body temperature with his hand

I smiled faintly and walked to my bed "Pho is fine" I said as I climbed into bed. I looked at Beam "continue eating" I asked.

He looked at me annoyed "is that important right now?" He asked while sitting next to me "Where's the pain? Shouldn't we go to the doctor?" He looked at my body.

I sighed and pulled his hand "here. Here it hurts" I said, pointing at my heart. Beam paused and looked at me.

"Are you kidding?" He asked.

I laughed and nodded. He hissed and hit my chest

"Aw aw why are you hitting sick people" I protested.

"Beam is  serious!" he protested.

I sighed and looked at him "Pho is fine. Pho just needs to sleep" I replied. He looked at me for a moment

"Beam will make hot tea," he said as he walked out of my room. I sighed and rubbed my chest. Hurts. But Beam doesn't need to know.

Beam returned with warm lemon honey tea in his "finish and sleep" he said. I smiled and obeyed his words. Beam then climbed into my bed.

"Hey, what are you doing? Continue eating" I command.

Beam doesn't listen. He raised the blanket to cover my chest then patted my shoulder gently.

"Beam will be here until Pho sleeps and Beam will eat," he said. I sighed. If he decides on something, I know I won't be able to change his mind. So I closed my eyes. I could feel his hand patting my shoulder gently. I tried to hold back my tears.

for 13 years I took care of him. I think 13 is enough. I do not expect much. I will remember 13 years with him as the most beautiful memories of my life.

*****

"Eat. Beam has told Uncle Lam that Pho is sick and will not be in the office today," Beam wrote on the memo he had placed on the dining table. I saw him make porridge. I sat down and began to eat.

"Looks like he can cook anything" I said

I finished my food before I decided to do something I had to do. I walked into Beam's room and took something that could be used for DNA testing. If I ask him directly I'm sure he will refuse. I walked to the post office and sent samples to Anita.

"Oi Forth. Why did you come in? Beam Said you were sick?" Ask my friends when I come. I laughed and turned on my computer.

"Don't tell me you use Beam as an excuse. You're awake late aren't you?" Accuse Lam.

I looked at Lam and smiled "you are really my friend" I said.

Lam laughed proudly but then he hit my head "I'll tell you to the boss" he said. I can only laugh at the threat. Right. This is better, work, forget what might happen. If Beam is a Vongviphan then we might separate soon, so it's better to leave good memories while we have time. I can't make him worry about me all the time.

I tried to be strong. I wanted to show Beam that I would be fine without him. I began to help him clean the house. Buy food for us. Cook dinner or buy dinner if I go home late at night. I also made sure that I put my dirty cloth in the laundry. Beam always scolds me if I put my clothes carelessly.