Cooler saga trailer 1

The sun rises as a mighty Saiyan warrior in an orange gi prepares to train, having finished his gardening for the day... this is Son Goku, Universe 7's strongest warrior.

The dark void of space envelopes a space ship that is overhead of a planet being destroyed... a laugh of pure evil being heard within the metallic space craft... this is Universe 7's most evil tyrant Frieza.

"I've been too relaxed.... I've made too many mistakes... mistakes that have cost many people's lives." Goku told himself as he thought of the time he had forgotten the seal for the Evil Containment Wave during the conflict against Goku Black and Zamasu, eventually leading into needing Zeno to erase Future Trunks' timeline in order to destroy Zamasu. Goku then thinks of a moment in which King Kai informed Goku of the planets Frieza had been destroying in preperation to battle him once again.

"I once had a clearer mind in battle... when did I lose sight... It became clear again when I obtained Ultra Instinct... and again when I fought Broly... I need to be as I was... before I obtained God ki." Goku said as he thought of the times of old such as when he fought Jackie Chun using the Double After Image technique, when he fought King Piccolo and used the last of his energy to punch a hole through him. He then thought of when he fought Tien as a teen in the World Tournament and had discovered the weakness of Tien's multiform technique, and when he fought Piccolo Jr and dove into his mouth to save Kami, who had been sealed by Piccolo, forcing the giant Namekian to be normal sized again after Goku saved Kami. He thought of when he first battle Vegeta and their first beam struggle, and when he had first battle Frieza on Namek... how he had nearly bested him by using the Spirit Bomb... and later bested him as a Super Saiyan! He thought of when he used the Instant Kamehameha to try to defeat Cell.... and when he sacrificed himself to stop an exploding Cell from destroying the earth. He thought of when he trained Gohan in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber, and when he was teaching Goten and Trunks fusion. He thought of when he stalled Majin Buu so Trunks could find the Dragon Radar in West City, fighting Buu at Super Saiyan 3, and then of when he and Vegeta first fused via Potara earrings.

"You've become too relaxed, Goku... leaving your guard down too much..." Goku remembered Whis saying to him.

"I've got to reclaim a calmness of mind as I had before.... if I ever want to achieve that power again... Ultra Instinct!" Goku said as he smiled his usual goofy smile and threw a punch in the air, becoming a Super Saiyan Blue.

"I was once the most powerful mortal in the Universe. Once I had wanted immortality and nearly achieved it... but then HE came along. That blasted Saiyan monkey Goku! He became a Super Saiyan and I failed to kill him on Namek... and revenge was denied to me by some purple haired Saiyan... once I revived I learned he had become so powerful be bested Majin Buu... but I caught up quickly... and yet he still pulls ahead of me. However... now I enjoy a challenge... I enjoy the fighting... and one day... I will enjoy his death!" Frieza declared as he thought of his fights with Goku. He then looked out a window.

"But... business first I suppose. There are still a few planets left to reconquer!" Frieza declared as he laughed and his spaceship flew towards a new planet to retake.

"Why doesn't Goku even consider hanging up his gi? I mean he's finally working on a steady income as a farmer, he shouldn't be acting like he's a kid anymore!" Chichi said. Bulma sighed and put a hand on Chichi's shoulder.

"I haven't said anything because I understand where you are coming from, Chichi... i really do... but have you ever considered... what the world would be like... without Goku and Vegeta protecting it?" Bulma asked.

"I... no." Chichi admitted as she thought back to the past... would the world still be here... if Goku hadn't fought Frieza, Majin Buu, or heck the Red Ribbon Army and Piccolo Jr before that.