Prologue

CATCHING STARS
T

omorrow, we will be having a field trip. We will stay in the mountain for one week.

My classmates are all excited and their happiness cannot be portrayed. Unlike me, I'm just sitting here on my chair, playing a coin on my palm while staring at them.

My eyes landed to Andre and Zen. Andre's left arm covers around Zen's shoulders. What a freak scenario. I hate how they're exchanging kisses on their cheeks and foreheads. Yuck! I feel like I'm going to vomit for no reason.

I pull my sweater over my head, it's getting hot in here. My blue stripes shirt remains in my body. I scratch my head because of their noisy meeting. Carol's eyes keep on teasing me, what did I ever do to her that causes her to be disgusted at me? All that I can remember is that when Brix chose me as a recipient for his surprising gift last Christmas. Brix told me to unwrap his gift infront of my classmates and I was so shocked when the thing inside was a bracelet. It didn't make sense because all of them know that we're just friends.

I hugged Brix and my classmates were telling me to kiss him for gratitude. But I restrained them. All of a sudden, we heard a chair being hit on the floor. It was Carol's scheme to let us know that she didn't like what was going on. She stormed out of the classroom and anger covered all over her senses. Me and my classmates wondered why. And one of them said that Carol really likes Brix. I just shrugged at what I heard.

Now that Brix isn't already here, Carol is still mad at me. He transferred to another school. It is her fault, she didn't confess her feelings for Brix when he was still around. Right now, she keeps on emitting her anger to me, maybe it is because she is filled with regrets.

She crosses her arms over her chest and tucks her hair behind her ear in a haughty way. But I used to ignore her and I prefer receiving her vixecations it is better than to fight back.

Someone throws me a crampled paper. Who the h*ll did this? It was Ryan.

"Why is it that you do not suggest anything? Huh?" Ryan says while he puts his books into his bag. He's my cousin.

"I don't know, it doesn't give me thrill at all. It's just some sort of stupidity. I feel like something horrible is about to happen." His face goes from concerned to shocked and he shoves me.

"Will you stop that, you sound unusual!" He yells. My classmates glance at us.

Hezekiah who's been talking infront of us about the meeting slowly walks towards us.

"Do you have any suggestion, Ryan?" He places his hands on Ryan's shoulders and seriously eyes him.

"No president, just proceed." He heaved a deep sigh.

So, I thoroughly agreed with the meeting. Tomorrow, at exactly nine am we must be already gathered at Hezekiah's home. But still it pisses me off, you know when Brix transferred to another school I have lost my appetite to join with different gaits. Brix is my best friend and he doesn't hurt me even once. He was always there for me when I was sorrowful, failed at my grades, family problem and anything. But everything has changed since he left. I am now in my twelfth grade and graduation is very soon. He still chats me and twice a week is so enough for me. You know he's always busy particularly he's running for valedictorian at his private school.

Without noticing, Ryan jogs me. I fell asleep thinking Brix. Oh my! My feet are resting over the backrest of my classmate's chair.

"We must leave here now, our classmates have already left. I was just finishing my report for the next next week, you know starting tomorrow we will be living in a mountain but I don't know where it is." He snorts.

"Let's go!" He pulls me up but still, I don't have energy to raise my body.

I stand up but I feel like I can't balance my body, I feel weak, I feel dizzy and all of a sudden I fall on the floor. My eyes are still open but I cannot move my mouth, I'm lying on the floor and I can see how distressful Ryan is.

"Dara! What happens! Help! Help!" Ryan's veins on his neck become visible, he shouts as loud as he can. I cannot move my body. Oh God, what's happening to me?

"ARE you alright?" Ryan asks while he strokes my hands. I glance everywhere and I notice that I'm inside a white room. I'm at the hospital and lying in bed.

I can remember by the time I lost my energy until I closed my eyes and fell asleep.

"The doctor said that you have not eaten anything at the beginning of the day until your ulcer striked you. Please, before you go to school make sure that you've already devoured foods. My gosh Dara! Your anxiety also striked you, do you still mind or keep on remembering your grandma? It's been two years and I thought you've already moved on." My cousin worries for me.

Yes I didn't eat my breakfast and no snacks til five pm. I didn't feel hunger.

"Have you called my mom?" I ask, I put my index finger into my left ear and I scratch something that itches inside.

"Stop that! You look filthy! Hahaha!" He grabs my hand and places it over my abdomen.

The door swings open and my mom embarks.

"My gosh Dara! I always remind you to take care of yourself, you know that you have ulcer but you kept on ignoring your stomach when it boils. Are you a robot? Have you not starved? Look at your body, you're getting more thin. I learned that tomorrow you will have a fieldtrip, I won't permit you to join now that this happened to you." My mom sounds like a godzilla, she ruins my ears.

"Yes mom I don't want to join." She's about to say something but she stops when I say it. It really sucks, and it has no zest. My mom turns shock.

"I want Brix back."A phrase that sinks into my mind.

Author's Note

To you who reads this, I would like to say thank you for choosing this story although there are other stories that are better than mine.

May God bless you!