IV: Forgiveness

"Why should we believe what you say knowing that you are one of them?" One said.

I looked them in the eyes and tried to convince them.

"Believe us. We know this is a serious matter that we are all going through. That is why we are doing everything we can to find a solution to this problem. Just give us a little more time." I explained.

I noticed people muttering to each other. After a while, the noise disappeared.

I returned the megaphone and started walking away. They seemed to believe what I said. But I was wrong.

Before I could get away, one of them threw a stone at me and struck me on the forehead.

"Ow!" I shouted and looked back to where it came from.

"That's what you get fabricator!" They yelled.

They continued stoning me until I finally got on my knees. I held my head and then looked at my palm. It has blood.

I suddenly became dizzy and my vision became dim. I felt something coming up from me but I lost consciousness.

The next thing I know, I was lying in a car.

•••

LUNA'S P.O.V.

I saw him standing in front of a crowd, with a megaphone in his hand. He was surrounded by the police force of Daemon.

I heard on the radio earlier that he was coming here so I didn't have to worry about following him.

Everything seemed alright until he suddenly collapsed on the ground. People whooped as if they were gratified with what had happened.

I was surprised at what they did and quickly got out of my car to get to him. When I got there, I was stopped by the police who were currently carrying him.

"Y'all can't get closer," they yelled.

"I am his girlfriend, Luna." I took my professional identification and showed it to them.

"We are sorry for what have happened. We will arrest them right after," one of them said, pointing out the people.

"Thank you. I will take care of him," I replied.

Fortunately, they believed in me and took him to my car as I said.

••

I was devastated when I saw Raze now unconscious and bloody lying in my car. I quickly picked up the first aid kit and cleaned his wound. I can't quite imagine why he is going through all this.

He spends all his time working and serving the people. And now, this is what he got in return?

I suddenly felt ashamed of myself knowing that what happened earlier is part of his suffering.

I don't want to lose anyone anymore.

"Raze, please... Please don't leave me," I whispered heartbreakingly.

I leaned my head on his chest and felt his warmth. The warmth I have been longing for since the the day we last met.

We were force locked inside the Daemon Hospital for several months, without enough sleep, without a single hope that we can still come out alive.

Raze and I were both busy on our own professions, and barely spoke. But not a single night passed without me thinking about him.

My daydream was interrupted when I felt Raze moving. I adjusted my seat and watched as he slowly opened his eyes.

He looked around until he saw me, sitting right beside him at the backseat.

"Luna? W-why am I here?"

"You were being stoned earlier, and suddenly collapsed on the ground. I came up to you and brought you here to t-take care of you," I explained.

"Dr. Zach... H-he needs my help. He must be in trouble," he uttered worryingly.

"But you still can't-"

"Ow!" He groaned as he tried to get up.

"I was just about to tell you. Your wound is so severe that you cannot even go there," I held his hand and looked him in the eyes. "Just let the authority fix the mess, okay?"

He nodded and cut off my gaze. I felt that he was still mad at me because earlier.

"Raze, I am sorry about before," I sincerely said.

I waited for his response but he didn't say anything. I looked at him. He was staring outside the window pane.

I felt hopeless. I do not know what to do anymore. I guess it's over.

"You know how much I love you, Luna. I cannot just leave you because of that."

I was dumbfounded of what I have heard. He gave me a genuine look which made me smile.

"I will do everything I can just to be with you forever," he whispered.

Not knowing what to say, I enveloped him with my arms.

•••

RAZE'S P.O.V.

This... Was the very first interaction we had after several months. That is why I was agonized when I saw her being with my best friend rather than being with me.

But because of my love for her, I forgave her.

I looked at the girl who was now embracing me. I missed her warmth, her scent, her touch... Everything from her.

"I missed you so much, my love."

"I missed you too," she uttered.

After that, I felt that she slowly tightened her hug.

It felt like home.