chapter 5

(Nobody's P.O.V.)

       Mahiru had chatted with Hajime during the classes that they had together. The whole time this had happened Nagito had to pretend that he wasn't going to kill her. He had to keep a smile on his face as they talked. 

(time skip : after school)

(Nagito's P.O.V.)

      I quickly walked to my locker so i could get my things and head home. I needed to see much more of the poison i had because if i didn't have any left id have to go with the other option."Hey Nagito, do you wanna walk home together?" Hajime had walked up to me. "sure" i smiled and closed my locker."lets go" he smiled and we started walking. we chatted about nonsense as we walked. we soon got to my house."wow, we live way closer then i thought" Hajime pointed at a house nearby."cool!" i smiled, genuinely pleased with this discovery."oh, by the way. Do you want my number?" He asked. "yeah, sure" i unlocked my phone and handed it to him to make a contact.after a moment he handed my phone back to me. "welp, see you around!" Hajime smiled and waved as he started walking to his house." see ya!" i smiled and waved back.\

      I entered my house and ran upstairs to my room. i put my bag down on my bed then started searching for the bottle of poison. i soon found the small bottle in my desk drawer. it was half full which wasn't much considering how small the bottle is. either way its enough, now ill just need to figure out how to poison her food. When Mahiru puts in her locker code in the morning i can try to see what the numbers are. if i cant do it tomorrow maybe the next day i can catch the number. I should get started on the homework though. i opened my bag and pulled out the few packets that we were assigned. i quickly finished them and shoved the papers back into my bag. I put the small bottle of poison in as well. Goodbye Mahiru~

(time skip : the next day)

i woke up excited for the day that was yet to come. i got up and took a quick shower. i then put on the school uniform. i grabbed my bag and ran downstairs to the kitchen. i started to take stuff out to make myself some eggs but then i heard the doorbell ring. i went to open it."ah, good morning Hajime" i greeted him, surprised."good morning" he smiled. "i was wondering if you wanted to walk to school together. ". "yeah, but i was making myself some breakfast first." i replied. "okay" Hajime smiled. i moved and gestured for him to come in. he entered the house then followed me to the kitchen. i resumed making eggs. "do you want some?" i asked. "sure" i finished the eggs and put them onto two plates and brought them over to the table. "do you want something to drink?" i asked. Hajime nodded a bit nervously. i suppose he must of felt awkward just getting a bunch of things. i went into the fringe and grabbed the orange juice. i grabbed two cups and poured the drink into them. i put the orange juice back in the fridge and went back to the table. i put one of the cups in front of Hajime then i sat down and started eating. we finished our food not too long after and i threw the silverware, plates, and cups into the sink. i grabbed my bag and we started walking to school.

       "you make good eggs" Hajime commented. "can you make other things as well?" he looked at me. "yeah, maybe sometime i can make something else for you" the rest of the walk to school Hajime and I talked about random things related to food. we soon got to school and went to our lockers. i quickly grabbed what i needed for homeroom and put away what i didn't need. i saw Mahiru at her locker and i moved so i could see her hands. 16-37-21 was her locker code. he quickly walked over to where Hajime was."off to homeroom?" i smiled. "yep" he replied and we started walking to homeroom.

(time skip: right before third period)

after third period its lunch so i have to do this now. "Hey Hajime, i forgot something in my locker you can go ahead." i lied. "okay then?" Hajime nodded then i turned around and started walking to the lockers. if my luck is on my side today no one will be at their locker while i go there. i got to Mahiru's locker and looked around, no sign of anyone. i put in the code "16-37-21" i mumbled the numbers as i turned the lock to them. i opened the locker and took out her bento. my only goal is to poison Mahiru so i only poisoned the food that Hiyoko doesn't like just in case Mahiru shares her food. see you at lunch~