Chapter Eleven

"WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU DOING HERE?" Alex stared into Rose's widened eyes as he held her against the flower wall. He didn't expect to see her here, in his private garden. He had left her alone the past few days, giving her time to recover fully. He knew the meeting had taken a toll on her and did feel guilty for causing her pain.

Alex watched as she sighed in relief and relaxed in his arms. She removed his palm from her lips and glared at him.

"Fuck, you scared me Alex." She said, trying to calm her breathing.

"You still haven't answered my question, sweetheart." Alex snarled, "What are you doing here? This is my private garden and nobody is allowed to step a foot inside." He stepped forward, "How did you even get in?"

Rose took a step back, putting some space between them. "The gate was open. Maybe you should secure it better if you don't want anyone creeping into your secret place." She huffed.

Alex leaned closer to Rose, his face inches away from hers, "You should really watch your tone towards me sweetheart, or you will be punished severely." He growled.

"What are you going to do? Spank me?" She spat.

Alex startled back. He didn't see that coming. He saw as blood rushed to her cheeks as she realized what she just said. His lips curled into a smirk. So his little flower had a kinky side. Interesting. He stepped closer.

"Well if that's what you want..." He trailed his hands up her hips and clamped them on her waist. He pulled her to him and whispered in her ear, "...then I won't hesitate to put you down on my laps and paint your ass red, little flower."

Alex felt her shiver before she shoved him away. "Y-you vile bastard!" She breathed out, her face flushed.

Alex smirked, satisfied at her reaction. "You suggested it." He shrugged his shoulders. She cursed under her breath and looked away.

Alex stared at the blushing female. She looked almost angelic in that white cotton dress. Her fiery ginger hair contradicted her pale soft skin which was illuminated by the moonlight rays that seeped through the flower coverings. Her blue-green eyes looked anywhere but him and he chuckled, amused by her sudden shyness.

"What? No comeback?" Alex teased.

Her eyes threw daggers at him. "Shut up." She murmured.

Alex rolled his eyes and walked up to where he kept his stash of wine. He took a bottle and picked a glass before he headed to a bench at the far corner of the garden. He sat down and opened the bottle then filled his glass with the liquid. Alex twirled it in his hands before he gulped it at one go. He sighed as the liquid burned his throat, giving him a sense of satisfaction.

"Am I interrupting your alone time?" Rose asked, appearing at his side.

"Yes." Alex growled, pouring himself another glass. He wanted to be alone. This was his safe space where he could be himself. Where the troubles of the palace world couldn't get to him. He had never shared his space with anyone. The female clearly hadn't heard him or she chose to ignore him as she sat down beside him.

"Well, too bad." Rose scoffed, crossing her arms.

Alex rolled his eyes and drained the alcohol into his throat again. He felt her eyes on him as he finished yet another glass.

"Can I have a fill?" She asked, biting her lips.

Alex trained his eyes on the action, his hands itching to free the poor lip. He snapped out of it and poured her a glass. He handed it to her.

Rose took it from his hands, excited, and gulped it down. He watched as her eyes squinted close and some of the red liquid escaped her lips and trailed down her neck.