Chapter Six

THE FEMALE WENT LIMP IN HIS ARMS. Cold sweat broke out on her forehead as she laid, her eyes closed and her face white as a sheet.

The glow at the nape of her neck had softened to form a tattoo design that went beyond her shirt. He checked her pulse to see if she was still alive. Faint heartbeats thrummed against his fingers, the rhythm a bit too slow.

"She's still alive." Alex said, relieved. The female did surprise him. She had the audacity to look him in the eyes and demand death. Only a fool would do that.

"Summon the Royal Physician to my chamber." He spoke to Tyler as he carried the female.

"I thought you wanted her dead?" Tyler drew his sword back.

"You know I had no intentions of killing her." Alex snapped. "It was a bluff to make her talk." He walked towards the door.

"And if she didn't?" Tyler asked, a hint of doubt in his voice.

Alex stopped. He frowned, his lips in a thin line. Would he have actually let him kill her? No he wouldn't. He turned his head towards Tyler. "I would have stopped you." He said, "Besides, I need explanations."

The mark on her neck was strange. It hadn't been there when he found her in the woods. His mind ached to find out who this female was. Was she also a sorceress? Alcina had a similar mark on her skin.

Alex walked through the hallway of the palace. The maids, doing their duties, halted as they caught sight of the prince and the female in his arms. Murmurs filled the air. He ignored them, as usual, and he strode to his chambers. Entering his room, he laid the female on his bed.

She still looked pale.

"Where is the fucking Physician?" He grumbled under his breath.

The door swung open, revealing his mother. "Alex!" She walked into the room, "What is it I hear of you carrying a female into your chambers?!" She questioned, raising her voice.

Alex groaned. The gossip had traveled to her faster than he expected. "Mother, please not now. I already have enough on my hands." He said, pinching his forehead.

The woman did not listen. She continued to scream the whole room down, "Don't you dare avoid this! I demand an explanation!" She stood before him, "First, you go out the palace ground where danger lurks, then you carry," She paused, pointing to the female, "this female around for everyone to see and bring her to your chamber! What is wrong with you, child? Don't you know rumors can suffice from this? You're the future king for Heaven's-"

"Mother!" Alex cut his mother. The veins popped out of his forehead as he tried to stay calm.

"Your Highness, I'm sorry for the delay." Tyler spoke out, interrupting the conversation. He noticed his mother in the room. "Your majesty." He bowed his head. He turned back to Alex. "The Royal Physician has arrived." He gave way for the old man, who stood beside him.

"Your Highness, your humble servant is here." The old man said, his head hung low.

Alex gestured Tyler to bring the man over. Tyler nudged the old man and he entered the room, walking towards the bed.

"What is going on here? Why do you need the Royal Physician?" His mother touched his forehead. "Are you sick?"

Alex rolled his eyes. His mother can be infuriating sometimes. Most times. "No, Mother." He removed his hand from his head. His gaze shifted to the Royal Physician. "Carry on."

The old man went towards the female. He carried her arm and checked her pulse. He put his fingers close to her nostrils, checking her breathing. "She's still very much alive, although her breathing is shallow, your Highness." He said.

"I already know of that fact. I called you here for this." Alex rolled the female carefully on her stomach. The mark was still there, its glow faint. The Physician gasped.

"What? What is it?" Alex asked, a little impatient.

The old man brought out a knife from his kit and cut through her shirt. The shirt ripped apart, unveiling the full design of the tattoo on her neck and back. Alex gaped. The drawing of a sword crawled down her spine, a crown embedded at the middle. It was magnificent. He looked over at Tyler and his mother. They were very much as shocked as he was.

"I-it's not possible." The old man stuttered.

"What do you mean?" Alex asked him, still dazed at the tattoo.

"The last of them had died almost a century ago." He said to himself.

His mother cut in. "Can you stop talking to yourself and tell us what's going on?" She snapped.

The old man bowed his head as he spoke, "It's the mark of the Cursed Servant."

Alex's heart stopped. It couldn't be.

He had heard tales of the Cursed Servant as a child. A servant who betrayed the King and was cursed by the Royal sorceress to give his life to him for as long as he lived. The symbol of the mark represented one's bind to the King. His generation had suffered the curse for a long time. In order to stop the curse from affecting his family, the last of them had ended his life.

Alex thought it was just a folktale. A myth told by his Father to entertain him. It appeared not. He stared at the female laid on his bed.

"How are you sure?" His mother asked. "She might be a witch playing with our minds."

"There's only one way to find out, your Majesty." The old man responded gazing up at Alex.

Alex cocked his eyebrow.

The old man gulped. "The symbol is bound to the King. So it will be ignited only by the King's touch." He said, "A witch can imitate the design but not it's bond with the King. The true King."

The room fell into a tense silence, all eyes on Alex. They waited for him to do something.

This was his chance to prove to everyone that he was the true and future king of the kingdom of Syvania. He tried to move but he couldn't. He was afraid. Afraid of the disappointment that would follow through if there was no bond. If he was not the true heir to the throne. His heart thumped.

Alex looked at his Mother. She gave a tight-lipped smile and slightly nodded.

Alex made his way to the female's side. He stared at the tattoo. The unique design enthralled him, just like the female who carried it. Slowly, he stretched forth his hands towards the ink.

He took a deep breath.

Do it.

He touched the mark.

***

Hi guys! So I realized I don't write author's note lol.

So how is the story so far?

Do you like Alex? Will he be the true King?

How do you see the character Rose?

P.s It's not edited

Till next time! :D