Chapter Seventeen

WHAT DO YOU WANT, ALCINA?" Alex asked as he leaned against the wall of the secret passageway. The tunnel was normally used by the Royals to escape our enemies in case of attacks. Alcina had decided to turn it into their 'meeting' place whenever they wanted to satisfy their 'urges'.

Alcina walked up close to him. "No greeting or any sorts?" She placed her hands on his chest, "You were never a man of many words anyway." Her hands moved down to the buckle of his pants. Alex tensed up. She leaned in to his ears, "You take what you want and leave me starving for more." She said as she gripped his growing bulge.

Alex grabbed her wandering hand away from him. "I didn't come here for sex if that is what it is." He growled.

Her dark grey eyes locked with his. She frowned and removed her hand from his hold, rubbing her wrist. "Fine." She huffed, looking away.

The dim light illuminated her figure. He was well aware she was a beautiful woman, but not one he could take seriously. Not after her betrayal. He couldn't trust her again.

"I came here to show you this." Alcina said, snapping him out of his thoughts. She put her hands up her sleeves and brought out a folded handkerchief. She unfolded the hankie and showed him what was inside.

Alex rose an eyebrow. "Needles?" He asked.

Alcina rolled her eyes. "Yes, your Highness. Needles." She said, "Poison needles to be exact."

"What do you mean?" Alex asked.
"It means what it means, your Highness." Alcina said, "I found some of them on the ground somewhere in the courtyard. The owner must have accidentally spilt some without knowing. I'm sure there's more to where these came from."

Alex clenched his jaw. If someone is in possession of more of these, there's likely to be trouble. No one would have this without the intent of using them on someone. Alex groaned, rubbing his face.

"I brought it to you because you would know what to do." Alcina rolled the needles back into the handkerchief and handed it over to him.

Alex looked down at the item. "Are you sure about this?" He asked, doubting her.

"Do you need me to try it out on you? Maybe at the brink of death, you would believe me then." Alcina said, sarcastically.

Alex snarled at her and snatched it from her hand. Alcina chuckled, drawing her hair behind her ear. "You're so easy to tease." She said.

They stayed silent for a little while and Alcina drew closer to him again. Alex stared down at her intensely, watching her movements. She raised up her hands and Alex grabbed them before she could touch him again.

Alcina sighed. "Relax, your Highness. I just want to heal your wounds." She assured him.

Alex hesitated before he let go of her. She continued her movements and touched his cheek. She closed her eyes and reopened them; her grey eyes turned a bright shade of red.

Her fingers brushed his wound and Alex felt heat run through his body. He stiffened. He knew she was using her magic on him. He exhaled as he let the magic take over him. He felt her fingers for some time before it was gone. Alex felt the tingles sap out of him as soon as her fingers left his skin.

"Done." Alcina said as she backed away. Her eyes turned back to her normal shade of grey. She stared up at him, her face morphed into concern, "Your Father again?" She asked.

Alex didn't answer. She already knew. He looked away, avoiding her calculating eyes. There was no way he was going to open up to her again. He put the hankie into his pocket. "If we're done here, then I will be on my way." Alex said, already leaving.