Chapter 53

It was sharp twelve at night when Adhyayan dialed Anvesha’s caller ID. It was Saturday and Anvesha had turned twenty-six. He smiled as he felt blessed to have a perfect girl in his life. It had been a week since he had returned from his hometown. He surely missed his sister and his mother with whom he had spent his weekend after six long years.

He was a bit upset with his father but he tried not to think about the old man. A smile crept on his face as he remembered the excited version of Anvesha who chirped like a school girl when he narrated about his bike ride to the hilltop at Mussoorie with his sister on Sunday.

As a token of gratitude, Adhyayan had decided to surprise Anvesha on her birthday. He had baked her favorite cake and had ordered her favorite roses. He was standing outside her apartment to make sure she feels special on her birthday.

Anvesha was not picking up the phone. He had purposely avoided to ring the doorbell at night as he did not want to disturb Anvesha’s neighbors. Adhyayan sighed as he tried calling her again. He was clearly pissed off when he rang her number thrice.

He regretted his decision of surprising her as he sighed. “This is why it is said to inform before dropping by”, his inner conscience teased the lovesick Adhyayan who just smiled sheepishly.

Anvesha, on the other hand, was sleeping like a log after a hectic day. She knew she would get calls from her friends, colleagues and family for birthday wishes at midnight and she surely did not want to spoil her beauty sleep.

Having put her phone on silent mode, she was sleeping soundly oblivious to a tired, excited and adorable Adhyayan who was waiting outside her apartment to give her a surprise.
Adhyayan was annoyed for once. Helplessly, he rang the doorbell startling the sleepy Anvesha as she wondered if someone was actually at her door or if she was hallucinating.

She checked her phone and was surprised to see Adhyayan calling her. She received the call only to hear, “Open the door”.

Giving a tight-lipped smile, she closed her eyes to control her urge to bang her head on the wall. She was excited that poor Adhyayan had planned a surprise for her but she was guilty to have kept him waiting for so long. Switching on the lights, she blinked twice to adjust with the bright light of her studio apartment.

Clad in a pink camisole and cotton hot pants, Anvesha walked towards the door hurriedly, trying to straighten her curly hair that resembled like a sparrow’s nest. As soon as she opened the door, she was greeted by a big bouquet of peach roses along with her cute boyfriend.

She smiled ushering him in as she truly liked his gesture. With a big bouquet in one hand and a box of cake in another, Adhyayan smiled goofily looking at cute kid inside twenty-six year old Anvesha as he wished her, “Happy birthday”.

A perfect dress and flawless looks need not make day special but love-filled moments in imperfect look, messy hair and night clothes can also do the same in the company of lovely people, Anvesha realized as she smiled at Adhyayan. Her boyfriend, on the other hand, found cute and sleepy Anvesha with messy hair simply exotic.

Mumbling a ‘thank you’, she expressed her gratitude as he had come to her place at midnight just to make her feel special. Adhyayan who kept the cake on the coffee table was taken aback for once when Anvesha kissed him on his lips. Pulling her closer to himself, he deepened their kiss of passion as his palms roamed on her back. Anvesha shuddered in between the kiss and a moan escaped from her mouth while Adhyayan groaned in pleasure. The couple was truly lost into each other.

As they parted themselves for oxygen, Adhyayan gestured her to cut the cake as he said, “The skilful celebrity chef brings to you his specialty, ‘Choco-mint gateau’, as you like, madam”, winking at Anvesha who was blushing hard.

For once, Anvesha wondered when she became bold enough to initiate a kiss. Love changes oneself a lot, she thought as she composed herself while Adhyayan admired her cheeks tinted in the hue of red.

The couple cut the cake and fed each other with love. Before Adhyayan could rub a bit of cream on Anvesha’s face, she said, “Adhyayan, this is my best birthday cake and it tastes heavenly. I want to savor each bit of it.”

Adhyayan chuckled at her childish yet, admirable expressions while Anvesha laughed looking at his chuckling face. She cleared the coffee table keeping rest of the cake in the refrigerator while Adhyayan slumped on the couch contemplating if he should leave or not. Somewhere in his mind he wanted to stay for a while but he wondered it was not right.

Adhyayan was about to take his leave when Anvesha offered him to stay leaving him amazed. Anvesha’s sleep had vanished so she brewed coffee for both of them while Adhyayan awkwardly sat on the couch waiting for her.

Standing beside each other in the balcony, they admired the shimmering stars in the night sky as they sipped coffee silently. Despite no words were spoken, yet their hearts could communicate via the language of love.

“This means a lot to me”, Anvesha said breaking the silence between them to which Adhyayan answered, “I see myself as your other half. It was the least I could do, my dear.”

Taking a deep breath, Adhyayan said, “You know are the best thing that has happened to me”, as he entwined his hand with that of Anvesha.

“And I want to cherish you forever”, Anvesha completed him with a satisfactory smile plastered on her face.

“What are you plans for tomorrow, I mean today after all it is a weekend?” Adhyayan asked her. He knew she had a big social circle and she must have planned something with her friends and colleagues on her birthday.

Anvesha chimed in, “Nothing much, just a lunch with colleagues followed by an outing with Nikhil, Neha and few close friends. Would you like to join?”

Adhyayan nodded negatively as he smiled looking at her excitement for her birthday celebrations. He said, “How about a dinner with me?”

Anvesha just chuckled and nodded in affirmation. The couple decided to call it a night when Adhyayan decided to leave but Anvesha persisted him to stay. Cuddling with each other, they slept in each other’s arms blissfully and opened their eyes only when the golden yellow sun rays greeted them in the morning.

Anvesha replied to all the birthday wishes early in the morning and Adhyayan chose to cook the breakfast for her.

“I am really lucky since my boyfriend is a chef”, Anvesha chirped while he was going to the kitchen.

Adhyayan raised his eyebrow as he said dramatically, “I am hurt! What about my other qualities?” standing by the door.

Laughing at his cute expressions, she said, “You are the most adorable man who understands me completely. You make me feel every now and then, Mr. Haughty Shoes.”

Adhyayan chuckled as he said, “I am overwhelmed because you find me handsome and hottie”, winking at her while Anvesha laughed uncontrollably. He developed a sudden urge to kiss her but decided against it and rushed to the kitchenette.

Anvesha called her maid and asked to take an off. She freshened up and took a relaxing shower. Clad in a peach colored floral dress, Anvesha came towards her dining area and was greeted with scrumptious sandwiches nicely plated on her dining table.

Relishing the scrumptious breakfast and energetic coffee, the couple were engrossed in each other’s company before leaving the apartment.

❤❤❤

Hello everyone

Here's the new chapter of the story.😘😘😘😘

Please enjoy the update and shower your love on this story with your valuable votes and lovely comments 💚💛💚💛💚💛

How's the chapter?

P. S i just thought that family drama was too much till now so planned to give this light chapter 💓

Have a good day and please hit the 🌟 button, pretty please 😃😃😃😃

Love you all
💜