Chapter 12

Kevin was silent for a few minutes before asking "Edd how can you forgive me...after everything?"

"Because I knew some where deep down that there was a good person"Edd answered not a second later "and now you've proven me right!"he finished smiling up at the redhead

"Really?"Kevin raised one of his eyebrows.

"Of coarse sure you were a jerk when we were kids ...but eddy deserved most of what he got and both ed and I have forgiven you for anything else... You're a good person Kevin you shouldn't let anyone tell you different!"

"What what about the more ...recent stuff?"

"Are you referring to what happened a few days ago ?" Kevin nodded looking at the ground as he kicked a stone across the sidewalk letting it roll onto the street.

Edd watched it go and then continued "well like I said sometimes people do stupid things with out thinking... you did something stupid without thinking it though" he shrugged"but I forgive you...just dont do it again!"he added

"I won't ...Why do you always apologize?"Kevin asked catching Edd off guard. Edd thought over his answer for a few seconds.

"I'm sorry what?"Edd laughed as Kevin's face fell into an unamused scowl "I'm kidding its a joke see" he added as he lightly shoved the redheads arm.

"Ya I get it clever"Kevin chuckled at Edd's sarcastic remark "but seriously why?"

"I don't really know, being the smart ed everyone always held me responsible for the groups actions,I remember one time I even went so far as to stick bandaids to the backs of Eddy's and Ed's heads just to make the behave"he laughed at the old memory " I guess I just always feel that when something goes wrong it's on me you know"

"Oh makes sense I guess" Kevin said as he stopped at the edge of Edd's driveway "I guess I'll see you tomorrow then?" Edd couldn't help but feel somewhat disappointed with the conversation ending so soon.

"Oh uh yes, I will bid you adieu then good sir"Edd said in an unidentified accent followed a failed attempt at holding in a giggle. Kevin grinned as the dork tried to compose himself enough for a proper goodbye.

"See you tomorrow Kevin, thanks for the talk I really needed that!!!"

"No problem dork anytime!"Kevin waved to edd and then walked across the street to his home.

Edd closed his front door and slide down it sitting on the floor.he couldnt help but let a giddy feeling overtake him as he sat there Playing with his dog tags, he called to his parents who he knew were no longer home "Mother, father you wouldn't believe what just happened!!!" Happily he walked upstairs to his room, did his nightly routine, and climbed into bed with thoughts of a certain red head in mind.

-the next day-
Eddward walked through the school halls listening to the sound of his footsteps and the metal clinking around his neck.he had been excused from class and had decided to spend some time walking around the halls before lunch and thinking things over. As he neared the rest room he sighed ,opened the door and stepped in. He caught his reflection out of the corner of his eye and laughed ,in the mirror there stood a skinny bruised boy in a sweater vest, beanie, and dog tags "one of these things is not like the other" he sang well he washed his hands.

The sounds of footsteps and laughter came from the hallway and edd quickly tucked his dog tags into his shirt and ducked into a stall. With thoughts of sanitizer he crouched on top of the toilet seat in the hopes that his feet would not be seen. The laughter grew louder as the door to the washroom opened and two boys stepped in. One Cackling as the other banged on one of the stall doors. Edd Recognized both as members of the football team 'oh dear' he thought as he tried to keep his balance.