Chapter 4: From a Kingdom's Castle to a Kansas Bunker

*Kaleb’s POV*

I was so bored after having to finish unloading everything from the truck to the entrance of a bunker. I was helping Aunt Harlow move into our new “home”, which she failed to inform me was in another state let alone without wireless internet at the moment because Bobby said that a loss of electricity was going on so we were working by daylight. I pulled out the last of my stuff, which was my laptop, my favorite books that we got from my grandparents and a small jewelry box that was given to me by Sam as a “welcome to the family” gift. I was already halfway to the steps of the entrance when Harlow was heard yelling at someone named Gabriel and calling him mean for scaring her.

“Great…I just hope this time, he is a good guy.” I state to myself as I proceeded into the now lit Bunker and they were talking to a man that has his back to me. He was taller than me from what I could tell at the top of the stairs and he did look slightly older but not by much and well, he was handsome from the back. His hair was a fluffy blonde and his voice sounded like that of someone who was happy and full of jokes but was also wise beyond years yet it was not those details that caught my eyes, it was the beautiful large golden wings sticking out from his back. They had the sunlight striking it just right and it was just beautiful. I missed the first step and started to trip until someone grabbed me softly from behind and I looked into a set of blue eyes. “Kaleb, do try to watch your step. The stairs can be dangerous.” A worried looking Castiel says to me before I see the man with the beautiful wings disappear.

‘Shoot, I wanted to see how cute he was from the front. But I also wanted to ask him why I could see his wings but not Castiel’s” I was thinking to myself as I finished walking down the steps. The bunker was better than I freaking thought…It was Huge! I could see into the next room and just fell in love. It was rows upon shelves upon cases of books from ancient lore, legends to classical literature. I almost drop my box of stuff when I ran in to see all the books. “Glad to see you are warming up to this place after all, short stack.” I hear a loud mouthed Dean say as he helped carry in the last box of Harlow’s stuff into Sam’s room. “Oh shut it Cake-Hater.” I reply as I touch a book on ancient demons of Celtic Legends. “Better be nice or I will lock you out of the Library at any time.” He threatens as I look back at him to see him drinking a beer, even though it was only early afternoon. “Wait a minute…All these books…I can READ THEM?” I yell looking around as I hear the laughing of Sammy and Aunt Harlow.

“Yes Kal, you can read these at any time as long as you do your homework too.” Sam says as I roll my eyes and call him a “jerk” under my breath as Dean almost falls out of his chair laughing at his shocked and insulted face. “Come on Sam, she is what…15? She can just hunt like the rest of us.” Dean yells in my defense and I was half-hoping Sam would agree but the rebelliously voice of Aunt Harlow said otherwise. “Dean, she is not 15, she is 12 and she needs to have an education and not worry about hunting. She needs to have a good career, not living in the bunker forever.” Aunt Harlow says as Dean rolls his eyes and says he needs food. “That’s a good idea, let’s go get food. I am feeling in the mood for tacos. Kal, want to come?” Aunt Harlow says as I shake my head and go to finish unpacking my stuff in my new bedroom.

“Kal, I know you are mad about everything but this is for the best. You will see.” Sam says as he comes to check on me before leaving. “Sam…It’s not fair. I don’t want to go to school though, let alone home schooling. I just want to help you, Aunt Harlow, and the Cake-Hater gank some stupid monsters before I do die. I don’t want to know how to solve for X in a stupid math problem.” I almost yell as I sit on the bed that they bought for my room. It was small but was still quite a good size for all the furniture I had in it. The room had a desk with a chair, a chest-of-drawers, a closet, a bedside table and my own shower that I shared with another room if I so chose. Sam gave a gentle smile before sitting by me, trying to calm me down I guess but I was not going to let him change my mind.