Part 5

Finally...you have arrived at the place where your teams match will take place...Aobajohsai... mm...I have mixed feelings about this...I'm happy...but I'm also scared about being here...you think to yourself. Yamaguchi looks over at you and sees your worried express. "Hey (Y/N). Are you nervous..?" You look up and nod slightly. Without a warning you feel someone hugging you. You look up to see it was yamaguchi who was hugging and slowly and quietly says "me too...actually..." you blush as you've never been in a situation like this and shortly after the green haired boy let's go. The team starts walking and you hear a voice. "Ah karasunos crows!" You then notice a tall brown haired boy with a wide smile. I guess he's the captain of aobajohsai... the captains of both teams shake hands and Karasuno makes their way to the gym with the other teams captain (you assume).
As you walk all you can think about is the sudden hug by Yamaguchi, he never did that and he would never do that in public or in front of other people. "Um...(Y/N),are you ok? You seem to be daydreaming or thinking about something." You get back to reality when you hear someone say something to you. You look to your side to see Sugawara next to you. It takes you a minute to process what he had just said but quickly answer "Ah yea! I was definitely not daydreaming hehe..." dam that sounds like such a bad lie... suga-san was like the mother of the team, he always cared and looked after people. His smile was welcoming and heartwarming. He could keep a secret and talk to you about your problems but this was not the time. At this certain moment,the team should only focus on the upcoming match. After a few minutes of walking, You finally get to the gym entrance and the tall brown haired captain opens the doors. The moment the gym doors swing open,you can smell sweat and volleyballs,as well as deodorant. You can hear volleyballs crashing into the floor and guys shouting. You look at the team members of the opposing team and then you spot someone no...you are speechless,you just have nothing to say. You freeze but after sugawara notices and waves to you,making you run over to where the team is walking to. What is she doing here... Sakura...the one girl you absolutely hate is here....I should probably get her to not notice me... you and karasuno walk to your benches and slowly start practicing. You sit down and observe your teams practice to spot anything to improve. You grab your notebook and start writing info to tell the team before the match. Hinata and kageyamas spikes are good as usually,but let's wait until the match when they reveal their true power. You smirk a little bit but get back to writing notes. Nishinoyas blocks are also amazing as usual. Hm...oh! You notice that yamaguchi is trying really hard to spike over the net but fails from time to time, you think you should give him some help with that. It seems other than that,the team is doing well. You sigh,happy that you didn't need to write down much and observe your teams practice.

             ~~~~~10 minutes later~~~~

Coach Ukai tells you that practice is about to finish and that you should grab the teams water bottles. You nod and quickly make your way over to where the sport bottles are at. Not paying attention to your surroundings,you try grabbing a couple water bottles but nearly drop one,if it wasn't for someone catching the bottle. "Ah I'm so sorry!" You start apologising. "It's fine." Just heading that voice,you can tell who it is,and it's not someone you wanted to see either. "Sakura..." is the only thing you can manage to say. "Been a couple years heh" Sakura replies smirking. "Yeah yeah...it's not like I missed you or anything" she looks at you and says, "oh really now?"

She knows well that you don't like her but she still talks. "I thought we were best friends for life~"... those words repeat in your head,you shake your head to get yourself back to reality. "Yeah you're right. We were." You sigh and turn your head slightly not wanting to face her. "Now now,just because i became better in everything than you didnt mean we should've ended our friendship did it?" You've had enough and take the water bottle from her hand. "I have to go" Not wanting to hear her any longer,you turn around and start walking back to your team. "Hey (Y/N). I'll talk to you after the match then." She sounds annoyed but you don't care as it's not like you are friends with her,and...if you're being honest,you despise her.

After grabbing everyone's water bottles and handing them out to your team, Nishinoya comes over to you. "(Y/N). Are you ok? You seem a bit down." You look at Nishinoya and shrug. "Could be better but whatever...it doesn't matter..." You can tell that he doesn't believe the second part,but not wanting to make you upset he leaves his questions to himself. The team drinks their water and walk over to the main court. The opposite team is already waiting for your team on the other side of the court and both teams bow to each other. You,Coach Ukai and Takeda-Sensei walk over to your bench and sit down. "(Y/N)," You look to your side and see Coach Ukai talking to you, "do you know the girl you were talking with? It seems like you two know each other." You shortly reply saying "um yeah we went to the same middle school together." Even though you were friends for many years,the friendship that used to exist back then in middle school has vanished,and now,only two enemies exist. Even though you didn't want to meet or see her ever again,it turns out that the other teams manager is your rival.

(A/N)- hehe i finally posted 🤡 i just wanna say that the sky pic at the beginning was taken by me U_U I also wanna mention that I'm working on the yakulev fan fic XP

I also wanna mention that I'm working on the yakulev fan fic XP