Chapter Two: My Start

Atlas: "No matter how are we try...they won't accept us, we are monsters to them"

I was never wanted as a child, well, my father didn't want me and didn't give my mother a chance to stop him as I was casted out then found by Them; The robot that over threw the humans in power. The bunker had become like my home, people became my friends and weren't like what the rules or what They say about them. When people are sent down here we are given tattoo to show that we do belong down here, under these ink marked is our name. I was known as 4t1as or Atlas to make is easier for others yet They call us by out numbers and letter which pisses us off a little from time to time.

We had made shelters and houses in old containment units, children were born down here, some dreamed about seeing and feeling the sun, none of us had the courage to tell them it would never happen so we allowed them to continue on dreaming. I reached the containment unit I had learned to call my home, I sighed and walked in only to scream and jump as I saw another person hunched over my desk.

"Oh, Atlas, I was wondering when you would return" Ch4rl3s or Charles spoke,

"Man, you gave me a heart attack" I sighed as I held my chest while calming myself down,

"My bad" He chuckled softly before I walked over to his side.

He was looking at old photo of what the surface looked like, even though they were black and white I could picture and blue skies, I could feel the wind on my face, I could heard the birds chirping and the dogs barking, I could still feel my mothers embrace around me.

"Atlas?" Charles voice called out, snapping me out of my trance,

"Huh?" I spoke making the older male chuckle softly,

Charles was a year older than me but he was like an older brother to me, he cared for me and he's been there for me and helped me learn everything I needed to survive down here.

"The supplies, how are we doing" He added and he soon had a clipboard and pencil in his hand,

"Oh right, we're doing pretty well, food should last us till we're given more and the water is still running smoothly" I told him.

Down here, the children, girls and mothers ate first since they are the future of our people, Charles always told me to eat first as well but I refused to eat since I knew no man would love me as I was more male built due to malnourishment I was faced as a child. He nodded and wrote on his clipboard, I sat down and sighed,

"Something bothering you A?" Charles ask as he sat on the desk,

"Nah, just thinking man" I replied with a smile yet I knew it was only fake to keep him happy.