Chapter two: Fever

The next day however, Inosuke did not come to school. Aoi wanted to thank him for helping her even if she didn't understand why he did it. The day was a bit boring without Inosuke screaming all day. Aoi was walking to Shinobu's office while she heard something.

" I've found my soulmate and our marks collided!", a girl was telling her friend.

" Must be nice huh", Aoi said as she sighed.

She entered Shinobu's office and greeted her.

" Aoi hello I was looking for you", Shinobu said.

Aoi smiled. " As you may have noticed Inosuke Hashibira is absent today, I called his house and it seems like he's very sick, his parents also seem to be out of town since our school also cares for the welfare of our students I'd like you to check up on him and share any notes he may have missed", she said to her.

" Forgive me Shinobu-same but I've got a final tomorrow", Aoi said.

" I understand that Aoi, I was going to ask Kanao, but she has some business with another student. I hope you'll help", she said.

"Of course I understand", Aoi said.

As the end of the day approached she got ready to exit and go to Inosuke's house. Shinobu gave her the address and it's not that far from here. She got to the house and knocked loudly on the door. A boy with blue hair and green eyes opened. His face was red and there were heavy bags under his eyes. His body was weak and she could tell that he was indeed very sick.

" What do you want?", he asked coldly.

" I'm not here because I care, I'm here because Shinobu-sama told me to check up on you and give you the notes that you missed", Aoi said walking in.

" Hey i didn't say you could come in!", he shouted.

" Too late", she said.

" Now, get back into bed you're going to collapse any minute", she said as she watched him go up the stairs to his room.

She followed him. " I'm fine you know", he said.

" Sure, sure, I told you you would get sick if you didn't cover yourself in this weather but no the great Inosuke can handle it", she said.

" Whatever, I only got sick because I had to stay out longer to save you", he said. Aoi thought back to the events.

" Inosuke", she said. He looked at her. " Thank you", she said.

" Yeah yeah whatever", he brushed it off.

Aoi went downstairs to find a cloth and some medicine. When she returned Inosuke was laying on the floor.

" Inosuke the floor is cold please return to your bed", she said.

" It's not cold it's too hot", he said.

" That's because your body is very warm now please get back into bed."

Inosuke obeyed her which was very surprising. She placed the cold cloth on his head and gave him some medicine.

" I don't want it", he said.

" You have to take it!", she said loudly.

" No I don't want to take it,'' he said, his voice breaking.

She touched his forehead and it was burning. His hands would be too weak to hold the medicine even if he agreed to take it. She set his pillow against the wall and helped him sit up. She took her back of his head and gently brought his mouth to the medicine. Their faces were very close and Inosuke looked into her blue eyes while Aoi focused on him drinking the medicine. After he was done she stood up and went back down to the kitchen. Aoi returned with water and some warm porridge. Inosuke just layed down and watched her walk towards him.

" Now, eat this",she said and handed it to him.

" No I hate porridge!", he screamed.

" Inosuke have you seen yourself your so weak and can barely even talk if you want to get better eat this!", she screamed.

" I SAID NO WOMAN GOSH!", he screamed.

Aoi smacked him on the head and after a few minutes of fighting Inosuke gave in and ate the porridge. Aoi then told him to rest while she copied her notes in his notebook.

Inosuke woke up about an hour later to see a sleeping Aoi in the middle of writing. Her head leaned against the wall and the pen was on the floor. Inosuke felt much better, but before he could even think twice he lifted her and put her on his bed. He smiled and watched her peacefully sleeping. He decided to lay down next to her and turned to look at her. He thought she was very beautiful, but never thought she could be peaceful behind that scowl she always wears. His heart started beating faster and he was confused by this feeling he felt.

Inosuke is so close to realising he likes Aoi! Do you think she will too?