Chapter ten: Realisation

She was losing her mind. She tried really hard to talk to him. He just keeps avoiding her and she can't seem to understand why. But why does it mean so much to her? I mean she's the one that should be angry, he left her suddenly and won't even talk to her. Aoi was laying on her bed as these thoughts rushed to her. The whole winter break she was thinking about him and school starts again tomorrow.

" Aoi'', Kanao said as she laid on top of her.

" Hey Kanao", Aoi said sadly.

'' Please tell me what's wrong, you've been like this ever since the dance and ever since Inosuke appeared", Kanao said worriedly.

" It's just weird you know, I never really worried about Inosuke and now that he's suddenly avoiding me it hurts", she said to her friend.

" Why does it hurt?"

" I don't know I just don't want him ignoring me".

" Aoi I think maybe you love him", Kanao said which surprised Aoi.

" That seems impossible, Kanao I didn't get my mark", Aoi replied.

" Don't worry you'll get it soon!", Kanao exclaimed standing up.

Even though Kanao was very quiet and rarely spoke she always made Aoi laugh.

" Thanks Kanao", Aoi said as she left the room.

There again she was alone with only her thoughts.

Aoi woke up to a very quiet house. Kanae and Shinobu have left already and Kanao told her she would be meeting Tanjiro before school so she left early too. Aoi was ready to face him again. Was she? She walked to the edge of a street and waited to cross.

" Maybe you love him" Kanao's words replayed in her mind.

Does she love him? All of the memories she's had with him.

" Gosh I really wish I didn't forget my coat", she muttered trying to warm her bare arms up.

She's been forgetting a lot lately, how could she not when he was the only thing on her mind. Aoi started to cross the street when she saw something appearing on her wrist. Her heart stopped. It was.. A mark. She stopped walking and she was too shocked to proceed. This was what she was waiting for her whole life, she's fallen in love with her soulmate. It was beautiful, a blue butterfly and a boar in the middle? Odd but it was heavenly. Aoi smiled at it.

"AOI!"

"AOI!"

" I..Inosuke?", she said as she faded the last thing she saw was his green eyes  and then darkness.

Cliffhanger! What do you think happened to Aoi?