Chapter 8

Instead of dragging the girls by their hair, this time, the latiz just carried them. They carried the girls past Hope, who was caught, too. Everyone was. Everyone except for Stefanie and Hope was tied alongside the others who were kidnapped. Lizzie and Josie begged to be next to their mother, and getting fed up with their whining, the latiz complied. Alaric also requested to be next to his daughters, and the latiz complied with a heavy sigh.

Hope and Stefanie were taken inside the Armory, where the latiz locked them up.

"Hey, let us go!" Stefanie yelled, "Please."

The latiz just ignored her, rolling their eyes. They slammed the door, officially closing off all hope that Stefanie had left.

Stefanie started to shed some silent tears. She didn't make a sound, and the room they were in was dark, but somehow, Hope knew.

"Hey, don't cry," Hope told Stefanie, "We'll find some way out. I promise you.

"Don't make promises you can't keep," Stefanie said, with great sadness to her voice.

Stefanie decided that she probably should have listened to Alaric. At least then, she would be safe. And, she'd be a greater help to them if she was outside the cage. At least then, maybe she could have called her uncle to help or something.

"I'm not," Hope said, living up to her name, "I've gotten out of stickier situations. I'm sure that we can figure something out."

"How?" asked Stefanie, "I'm a freak without anything valuable to add to this team."

"A freak?" asked Hope, "What makes you think you're a freak?"

"Well, I'm the child of two former vampires who have taken the cure. One of them happens to be a doppelganger, which makes her blood valuable. One of my uncles is also a doppelganger, and the other one's a vampire hunter. Not only that, but even my biological grandmother was a vampire. I'm related to all these supernatural people, but I don't have any powers, or anything important," Stefanie frowned, "My blood's not even valuable."

"Well, I'm a freak, too. I'm a freaking tribrid. My dad's an Original Hybrid, and his siblings are Original Vampires. My mother's werewolf royalty, and my grandmother was one of the most powerful witches to exist. You think you're a freak? Try me," Hope said, "But you know what my dad always said? He said that people like us aren't freaks, we're unique. And anyone who tries to make us feel like freaks are just jealous."

"Yeah, but at least you're not just a burden," said Stefanie, "You're one of the most valuable people. You have all the powers of a witch and a werewolf. And, you can even heal or turn people like a vampire can."

"First of all, you're not useless. Your visions helped us figure out what was going on. And even for me, it wasn't always that way. Being weak made me practice my skills more. I wanted to help, so I practiced magic and combat. You can't practice everything I did, like magic. But you can always learn to fight," suggested Hope.

Stefanie smiled, "So we're both freaks."

"We're not freaks," said Hope.

"Then what are we," asked Stefanie.

Hope smirked at Stefanie, "In that case, I guess you can say we're both...", she paused for a moment, searching for the right word, "Exceptional."

Stefanie grinned, looking up to face Hope, "Yeah, we are, aren't we?"

Hope smiled at Stefanie, "Come on, let's focus on trying to get out of here."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Caroline, Lizzie, Josie, and Alaric were all lined up next to each other. Each of them were tied to a column. Their hands and legs were bound, and their mouths were covered with a bandanna. After Lizzie was certain that the latiz weren't looking, she muttered a spell; casso tor. It wasn't completely clear, considering that her mouth was covered, but the spell still worked. She kept muttering the incantation, casso tor. She used it to get the bandanna to untie itself, and then she suspended it in the air. She then let it fall next to her. She did the same with the rope that was tying her hands and legs.

"Psst, Jo," she whispered to her twin sister, "Use the levitation spell the levitate your bandanna and the ropes off."

Josie did what her sister said, "Casso tor."

"Okay, now what?" whispered Josie.

"Now, we do it for mom and dad," Lizzie said. She then began doing the spell to remove Alaric and Caroline's bounds.

"Okay, so do we make a run for it?" asked Josie.

"We'll get caught," said Lizzie.

"Well, before we do anything, remove Elena, Damon, and Johnathan's bounds, too," Caroline said.

"We can't," Lizzie frowned, "They're too far. It's a very advanced spell, we can't do it from this far away."

"We don't have another option," Josie said, "We have to run."

"Well, I guess we've got nothing to loose," sighed Lizzie, "Okay, let's run on the count of three. It's not likely they'll catch all of us if we run at the same time."

"One..." whispered Josie.

"Two..." Alaric said.

"Three," finished Caroline.

Caroline and the Saltzmans bolted for the exit. Unfortunately, one of the latiz beat them to it, successfully blocking the exit. The only other way was through a brown door on the other side of the room. It being their only option, the family ran to the door. As they got closer, they noticed that the door had the words, "Adriana Bennett's Magic Space" scrawled across it. Lizzie and Josie ran through the door. But Alaric and Caroline only fell, as if there was an invisible barrier.

"Wha-," Josie didn't finish her sentence because her parents were immediately captured by the latiz. The twins braced themselves to be captured, too, but the latiz didn't even step foot inside the room.

"Why didn't they come get us?" asked Lizzie.

"It is a magic space, maybe only people with magic, AKA witches, can enter," suggested Josie.

Lizzie nodded, that was probably true, "Now what? What about mom and dad?"

"We can't go back, we're no good to them captured," Josie said, "We just need to focus on saving them."