Jess

The bell of the door rang out signifying a new customer had entered the fine establishment but just as Lacey and Daniel entered, they were greeted by nothing but love and congratulations on their impending wedding, however, the second Jessica's eyes made contact with Lacey's, before she could even turn to her beloved bartender in order to request another shot of whiskey, Frankie already had her covered with a double ready and waiting to go. 

"Bottoms up," Frankie said, pounding the bottom of the shot glass on the wooden countertop in unison with Jess before shooting it back like it was the last goddamned shot she was ever going to have. Lexa just stared between the two of them, jealousy burning within every fiber of her being as she knew that no matter how hard she tried to win – con – Jessica into getting back together with her, she would never again look at her the same way she did Lacey the moment their eyes met.

      Scanning the crowded bar, Daniel's eyes immediately landed upon Jess's usual spot and began making his way towards her with Lacey's hand in his, however, the closer he got, the more he was able to make out the distinguished features of their sworn enemy sitting in the seat right next to the woman he would easily take a bullet for any day. "This was her 'date'?"

"You have got to be kidding me," Daniel muttered underneath his breath just barely audible enough for Lacey herself to hear amongst the packed-in room.

      Hearing her fiancé's discontent, she then took a better look at Jessica's company, only to realize that Lexa was far worse than any fling or one night stand that Jess could've ever brought to a gathering such as this. "What was she possibly thinking?"

      Trying their best to act as casual as two people in their specific predicament could, they made their greetings and proceeded to not make eye contact until at least the first three shots were down. Moreover, the worst part of that whole situation was having to explain to Daniel that Lexa and herself were 'trying' it again, knowing damn well that that was a straight up lie – whether Lexa chose to believe it or not.

      The first half of the night was almost unbearable as Jessica and Lacey kept a fairly even shot to shot ratio as Daniel avoided any kind of interaction with Lexa, still clearly harbouring quite the discontentment with her for literally breaking his best friends heart not so long ago. All in all, to say the situation was uncomfortable, was beyond an understatement.

      Jessica turned from Lacey back towards Frankie but before she could say anything, Lexa locked arms with her, snuggling into the side of her neck making damn sure that Lacey had a full view of the two before kissing her date on the cheek and relaying that she would be briefly excusing herself to the restroom. Lacey scoffed at her over-amplified gesture and rolled her eyes as Lexa turned around and walked away.

"What?" Jessica's voice spoke out before her brain had the chance to catch up to what she was about to start. "Got a problem?" She turned to face Lacey, freshly emptied shot glass in her grasp.

      Lacey just rolled her eyes and turned back towards the bar, motioning for Frankie's attention. At this, Jess just lost it. Maybe it was the strength of her emotions, maybe it was the alcohol, but chances are it was a solid combination of both.

"Outside," she said to Lacey, not waiting for a response. "Now."