1. The Girl In Gray

Elijah's pov.

I stayed at the grill with my irresponsible brother Niklaus, who had begone binge drinking over a certain Caroline Forbes when she walked in. She. That's all I knew her as; a girl with brunette hair and bright brown eyes sat at a booth in a corner. She wore a simple dark gray sweater over a striped gray long sleeve shirt, seemingly old blue jeans, and a pair of worn out converse, yet.. As simple as she looked she had me captivated.. I just couldn't put my finger on it.

"Niklaus" I spoke to my brother, eyes still on the girl in gray "You know of everyone in mystic falls, do you not?" "Of course" he responded, not bothering to look up from his drink. "Who is she?" I asked looking directly at the girl in gray, whom sat alone reading a book that she seemed to be mesmerized by. "Don't know, don't care" he took another sip of his drink. I said nothing but stared at him (unwillingly looking away from the girl) after a while he finally turned his head a bit "fine who?" He asked, sounding a bit aggravated. I said nothing but looked at the girl.

"Oh.." He studied her, eyebrows forming a crease; "I dunno" he sounded a bit taken aback, even I felt a small amount of surprise that Niklaus didn't know someone. "Why do you ask Elijah? She's just another useless human in mystic falls" he smirked, going back to his drink. 'Useless?' A voice in the back of my head spoke 'You'll see'. She wasn't exactly the kind of girl you would find here in mystic falls, she was a bit overweight, hair was a bit frizzy (almost as beautiful as a lions mane) and bit her nails as she read.. Definitely not the typical girl here in mystic falls, yet she had a certain beauty in a different way. The girl in gray seemed nothing but normal, nothin out of the ordinary, nothing flashy...

But was anyone in mystic falls really truly normal?

Later Jeremy Gilbert, the youngest Gilbert, walked in to the grill; looking for someone, eyes finally stopping at the girl. Smiling he walked over to her, standing in front of her trying to catch her attention, but much to my (and his) amusement the girl went on as if he wasn't there. A few more moments passed before the little Gilbert finally touched her shoulder, getting her attention at last. "Jeremy!" The girls voice came out ringing just as similar to bells, gaping , she stood trying to get up quickly to hug him but ended up tripping over the leg of the table falling into his arms. "Hey!" He chuckled, pulling her up right "still just as clumsy as before I see" he teased. So she's clumsy.

Niklaus sneezed, diverting me for a moment from the girl, having me miss a few moments of watching her. "God Jer, I haven't seen you in forever!" She wrapped her arms around his neck "Are you on steroids?!" She squeezed his arms. He laughed "Nah, just the gym" he lied. After a few more hugs the both finally sat down, sitting opposite of each other. "So Jer! It's been 3 years! How's Jenna?" She asked. She's from here, but obviously hadn't been home in quite a while. Jeremy's face had grown sullen as her eyes grew "Oh no Jer" she took his hand. That gave me a weird feeling in my stomach. It made me feel sick yet enraged. "What- what happened?" She asked "Umm. An-Animal attack" he spoke half heartedly; she didn't seem convinced but she nodded.

They continued for a while, changing the subject here an there talking about nothing yet everything. She spoke about school, he spoke about family, both never ran out of things to talk about whilst eating. Finally it seemed Niklaus had (surprisingly) grown tired of the bar. Both Jeremy and the girl had been there for quite a period of time, yet I still hadn't caught her name. As we walked out I looked at the girl one last time to see she looked back at me, almost in awe. Throughout the day one thing stayed in my mind.

The girl in gray.

So that's the first chapter! What do you think???? Who's this mysterious girl who Elijah wonders about? What does she have to do with Jeremy and well everyone?? Her name? What does she know of vampires? How long does she plan to stay in mystic falls? Is she really ordinary?

Find out in the following chapters ;)

❤️ The Girl In Gray