05 The lucky compass :)

"I mean, it's obvious, right?" John B said to the group once they all got in the van. "A family heirloom. What better place to hide a message? He had to know it was gonna get back to us, right?"

"Not this again" Olivia mumbled to herself.

"Yeah. It's possible" Kie said as she shot Olivia a look.

"It could also be possible that you're concocting wild theories to help, that you're concocting wild theories to help, — you know, deal with your sad feels" Pope said to John B as he held the compass in his hands.

"Bro, you know how I process my sad feels" JJ said looking up to Pope. "Dank nugs and stickiest of ickies, that's how I do it".

"They're right JB, you're concocting" Olivia said to her brother.

"I'm not concocting, okay?" John B said irritated. "Dad's trying to give us a message Liv".

"If it helps you believe, John B" Kie said as she tried to calm him down.

"Look, I-I don't need a therapy session, okay? Look, I'm not trippin' out" John B said.

"It's okay to trip bro, but—" JJ said before John B cut him off.

"Look, my— our dad is missing, okay? Missing" John B said as he looked over his shoulder.

"It's been almost a year" Kie said to John B and then looked at Olivia.

"She's right JB. I don't think he is trying to give us a message" Olivia agreed with Kie.

"Hey, he could have been kidnapped. That's definitely a possibility" JJ said.

"Yeah, he could be in a Soviet sub getting interrogated by the KGB somewhere" Pope said.

"Absolutely" JJ agreed with Pope. "Uh.... or Atlantis".

Olivia looked at JJ and couldn't help but give him a slight smile. He looked back at her and smiled back.

"JJ, Liv" Kie said as she shot them a look. "Look, what do you think the message is?" Kie asked John B.

"Redfield" John B answered as he looked at the board he drove by. "Redfield Lighthouse. Our dad's favorite place".

The 5 friends got out of the van and Pope closed the door behind him. They walked up to the fence and looked at the lighthouse.

"So, here's what's gonna happen" John B said as he walked up to JJ. "You're gonna post up and look out for bogeys, okay?".

"Wait... why me?" JJ asked confused.

"Because you're not coming" Pope answered.

"Why just JJ?" Olivia asked.

"Look Liv, there are independent and dependent variables. JJ is an independent. We don't know what he'll do" Pope explained.

"Shut up Pope. Shut up!" JJ yelled at Pope.

"Listen to me for a second" John B yelled making the 2 boys look at him. "Pope, Liv, you stand look out with JJ. Okay? If we get split up, we meet back at JJ's house".

"Great" Kie said.

"Fine" Olivia said as she rolled her eyes.

"I'm gonna work on my merit scholarship essay, and I'm trying to keep felonies to a minimum" Pope said as he walked away.

"All right, would you just shut up already?" JJ said irritated.

Olivia walked back to the van and climbed on top of it. She put her headphones in, once again, as she looked at John B and Kie walking towards the lighthouse. Kie looked back at her and gave her a smile. Olivia smiled back at her before she walked into the lighthouse.  Olivia noticed JJ looking at her so she mentioned for him to sit next to her. He smiled and walked over to the van and sat next to her.