Chapter 7

The next thing I knew, I was waking up to a loud scream. I jumped out of bed. Connie and Jule were up too, with wide eyes.

"Sounds like it's coming from one of the dorms!" Julie said. I ran out the door and followed the scream until I came to Dwayne, Luis, Ken, and Goldberg's dorm. Dwayne's face was covered in shaving cream, and the other boys were laughing. 

"What is going on?" I demanded, silencing Luis', Ken's and Goldberg's laughs. 

"It was just a harmless prank." Ken tried. 

"It was a mean prank! Nobody wants to wake up to find themselves covered in shaving cream!" I scolded. I grabbed the shaving cream bottle from Ken's hand and threw it in the trash. Julie led Dwayne to the bathroom. I turned to see Adam, Charlie, Guy, Jessie, Fulton and Dean all standing behind me. 

"Whoa!" I cried. Luckily, I didn't jump or fall back. "How are you guys so quiet?"

Adam shrugged. "We came to see what happened." 

I sighed. "I think Ken, Luis, and Goldberg somehow got him to put shaving cream all over his own face." I caught sight of a feather on the floor. I picked it up. "And I think we found out how." I stuck it back into Dwayne's hat were I'd seen it the day before and yawned. "I'm goin' back to bed." 

"Goodnight." Adam said. 

"Goodnight." I said with a smile. As soon as my head hit the pillow, I was out.

................................................................................................................................................................

The next morning, I woke up ten minutes after the other girls, according to Connie. 

"New record." Julie teashed. I smirked at her as I slipped on a jean jacket. 

"We're gonna go shopping today. Wanna come?" Julie offered. I stuck out my tongue. 

"No, I'm good. Wait, yes, I do want to come. I promised my little brother I'd get him some leather fingerless gloves and a black bandanda." I tied the laces on my tennis shoes and followed the girls out. 

"Let's eat first." I said, pulling them to the cafiteria in the dorm building. 

"How'd ya sleep last night?" Adam ask, sitting next to me. "After the shaving cream incedint?"

"Fine. Why?"

"Fulton and Dean had a party last night." Adam groaned. "I almost didn't get any sleep. They were really loud." 

"I'm sorry." I said, trying not to smile. I rubbed his shoulder in sympathy. "Couldn't we just take away their radio? I bet I could climb a tree high enough they wouldn't ever be able to find it."

Adam laughed. "No, if we do that, they'll just buy another one. That's what happened last summer: I took away Fulton's radio at a sleepover thing and threw it in the dumpster, but he just bought a new one the next day."

I laughed. "I would love to see his face when you threw it away." 

"You would have cracked up." Guy said, joining our conversation. "It was hilarious. I couldn't tell if he was devastated or angry. Anyway, when he bought the new one, he remembered not to bring it to sleepovers and stuff, so it was a win-win." 

I laughed. "I wish I could do stuff like that with you guys." I said saddly. 

"You can." Connie said. 

I shook my head. "I can't. I live in Brooklyn." 

The whole team was quiet at the thought that not all the Ducks could do stuff together.