13

L A Y L A   A B R A H A M 

"I said, stop fidgeting!" He raised his voice, annoyed at having to repeat himself for the third time now but she couldn't help it. "Next time I have to tell you the same thing, it'll be the last time." His voice was quiet but the threat was loud and clear.

She didn't know how long she had been in that room with him – nobody had come in and he certainly hadn't left – but what she did know was that for the better half of the last hour, she had held back her need to pee.

There was always the possibility of her just relieving herself where she was sitting, but she quickly shucked away the thought. First of all, that was disgusting and she didn't want to sit in a pool of her own piss for however long he planned to keep her there. Plus, she was pretty sure he would do more than just yell at her if she wet herself, and she didn't want to try to see the consequences of that.

She bowed her head – hating herself for being so vulnerable and worthless, unable to protect herself – and sat on the bed for another half hour, trying her best not to move but when the pressure was so great that her stomach started to ache and she feared that her bladder would burst, she gulped and glanced up at him.

"I need the bathroom."

She cursed the Venti coffee she had ordered from Starbucks before her meeting that morning. It had felt so great then but now, she was paying for it.

It was probably amplified by how nervous and scared the current situation made her.

"Am I supposed to do something about that, sweetheart?"

She cringed at the use of his nickname for her, knowing that he did it on purpose to make her uncomfortable.

He sat back in the chair, his posture relaxed, calm even as his eyes surveyed her from across the room.

She shifted her weight on the bed, feeling like her legs were falling asleep from sitting in the same position for so long – how long, she wasn't quite sure.

"Can I use the bathroom, please?" She hated having to beg him to use the bathroom, for such a simple task. She hated how small and weak her voice sounded, even to herself, but most of all, she hated him. She hated him for taking her hostage, knocking her unconscious, dragging her to this unknown room and forcing her to stay here against her will.

But right now, she hated him because she knew that under that mask, he was laughing at her.

He had her right in his hand. He knew that and she knew that, and there was absolutely nothing she could do about it.

"Please." She gritted her teeth but bowed her head, trying to make herself feel small in hopes that it would appease him.

That must have worked, for he stood up and crossed the space between the chair he was sat on and the bed in a few quick strides, pulling out the blindfold he had used on her earlier from the back pocket of his jeans.

"Why do I need the blindfold?" She asked, her voice panicked. "I just need the bathroom."

He chuckled. "I don't trust you to not make a run for it, sweetheart." When he came to a stop in front of the bed, he reached out and grabbed her wrist, yanking her off the bed and onto her feet. "And I can't have you looking around."

She winced at the sudden movement, pins and needles spiking her legs and feet from having been immobile for so long.

A gasp sounded from her as he turned her around swiftly and tied the blindfold around her eyes. She protested when his fingers twisted around a lock of her hair and pulled on it slightly.