XIII

Eudora

Eudora

Elijah wasn't there when I turned over to his side of the bed the next morning. He wasn't in the bathroom when I checked to see if he was brushing his teeth, and he wasn't in his office when I had initially decided not to jump to conclusions and had momentarily convinced myself that he had most likely just woken up earlier than me.

The reality had only really hit, once I realised that not only had his clothes that were been scattered across the room so oddly decoratively disappeared,  but so had his car.

Elijah had left me the morning after he took my virginity.

I was standing in the hallway that connected our bedrooms when I had come to that conclusion.

I made my way to my own room, not wanting to be in his, or surrounded by anything that reminded me of him. It was easier said than done, as due to him being my first I, could quite literally, still feel him inside of me.

While the feeling should have been something that the pair of us should have been laughing at in nostalgia over breakfast, it was a bitter reminded to me of how he had used me.

I couldn't bare to look at myself in the mirror as my neck was covering in the markings of his affection, the light bruising around my ribcage drew similarities to that of a floral arrangement, and while again the imprints of him should be something I treasured, it was something I detested. I hated the fact that he was everywhere, everywhere aside from here.

I pulled myself out of bed once again, dragging my phone out from under my pillow before squinting lightly at the screen as a a fluffy of notifications went off as my phone reconnected to the house WiFi.

6 missed calls from Mina

Ah fuck.

There hadn't even been two rings before Mina picked up, the short silence that followed something I'd treasure considering the shit storm I knew was about to arise.

Mina sighed before clicking her tongue against the roof of her mouth.

"You slept with him didn't you?"

I released a shakey breath before sobbing lightly into the phone, Mina cooing at me almost immediately.

"Honey it's ok."

I shook my head

Not that she could see

"Mina I woke up and he was gone."

I could feel Mina's anger radiating through my phone, and the silence that followed my comment on her side, was deafening.

"Give me 15 minutes."

And with that she hung up.

True to her word, 15 minutes later Mina came barrelling trough my bedroom door her face softening instantly once she saw the state I was in.

Despite what I had earlier convinced myself, I wasn't able to control my emotions once I made eye contact with the girl who had sprinted over in a heartbeat to comfort me, and broke down instantly.

She wrapped her long arms around my frame, pulling the pair of us to the centre of my bed as tears streamed down my face silently, Mina's shirt pulled tightly between my fingers as I sobbed into her chest.

She smoothed my hair down softly while hushing me, my sobs slowly turning into hiccups while I loosened my clamp like hold on Mina before pulling away from her.

She looked at my, her eyes filled to the brim with concern as I wrapped my arms around myself, creating a barrier of sorts.

"Did he know that he was your first?"

I nodded.

"And yet he left you?" I sniffled, the anger radiating off of Mina's body almost tangible.

Upon remembering my then current state Mina calmed down before pulling me to her frame once again.

"As hard as this is for you Dora, you have to realise that by him doing this he's set the boundary between you, it can't go further than it has"

Her reasoning was flawless and that in itself nearly caused another sob to leave me, but I managed to size it down into smaller, manageable sniffles.

Mina's phone lit up and before she was able to decline the call I pulled her arm.

"You can take it" I smiled

"I'm not leaving y-"

I interrupted her

"Mina it's fine, I really just want a long shower right now, I can still feel him on me and I'd really rather not."

She narrowed her eyes at me before pointing an accusing finger

"Don't think for a second I won't be calling you tonight"

I smiled weakly

"I already knew you would"

I emerged from the shower almost two hours later, and while it may sound excessive, I can honestly say that it was what I needed to momentarily rid myself of Elijah and his presence.

My first hour had consisted of me mainly just staring at the plain tiles wall, wishfully thinking that he'd burst through the bathroom at any given moment and sweep me into his arms talking about how he'd missed me.

The second hour consisted of me hating myself for even considering it.

Part way through applying cream onto my body I heard the buzzing of a phone down the corridor. After quickly deducing it wasn't my own due to where it was located to my left, I assumed that it was one of my mothers many work phones, and went to take the number down so that I could transfer the message onto her.

Upon me making it to the pathway that split my mothers office from Elijah's the buzzing had died down, but before I could spin on my heel and walk away it restarted, from the opposite office that I had been expecting.

I opened Elijah's door haphazardly, half expecting to see him hunched over his desk but feeling entirely grateful when I don't.

The papers from our initial spat were still sprawled across the room and on the chair to the right of his wall, underneath a suit jacket, his phone rang.

Papa

Oh shit.

Though my Italian was admittedly rusty, I knew for a fact that his father was calling him.

Before I was able to allow my thoughts to run off wildly as they often do, I was interrupted by a loud crash erupting from the base of the stairs.

God forbid I was about to be murdered with ashy knees.