Intro

<><><>

Growing up, Lizzie went from foster home to foster home.

When she was younger, she used to wonder about her real family, about whether they cared and were coming to find her but over time, her hope turned to a burning resentment.

She didn't know when it finally happened.

Maybe it was when she was almost beaten to death or the times her foster brother took her beatings for her.

Who knows but what she did know was that when she finally met them, they would be probably horrified by what she had become to survive.

The lessons she was forced to learn in order to survive in both foster care and on the streets.

Would they be proud? Or would they fear her like many others? Would they compare her to the man in her dreams like he said they would?

A small part of her hoped they would be proud that she was able to survive but the other hoped they would leave her again like everyone always does because that was a feeling she was used to - one that she could understand.

However, in the end, she really didn't care.

She was many things: an outcast, a freak, a survivor, a street rat, a killer but the one thing she was not was weak.

She was stronger than they could ever know; stronger than her supposed twin; stronger because that was the only way to survive.

Guess it's time to go home...

<><><>

A/N: I do not own Vampire Diaries, Originals, or Legacies. Nor do I own any media used in the story.

I own the plot divergence and ideas. I also own this book and this storyline.