Runaway

Edward's POV

  There my target was on his knees stiff as a board and showing no emotion; no evidence of remorse or concern on his face. He was going to suffer. Alice gasped, surely she saw what I planned on doing to her husband.

"No Edward! Please! He's in shock, calm down!" Don't kill him Edward! Don't kill him.

   She continued to plead in her head, but I ignored her cries. She realised I hadn't listened, and within a second she was in front of her dazed mate in a protective stance.

"Get out of my way Alice!" I growled. 

   Esme, Emmett and Rosalie stiffened at my tone of voice. They were all stunned and frozen in place. Alice pushed her hand against my chest in attempt to stop me from coming any closer to Jasper. I pushed her to the ground with a thud, and Jasper flinched. He looked up at with pleading eyes.

"Don't get in the way Alice, this is between me and him!" I warned, and took another step forward.

"No Edward!" Alice screeched, she was still on the ground, but began to stand up.

"Alice do as he says," Jasper pleaded.

   Edward please, don't hurt her. He begged. Do whatever you want with me, kill me for all I care. Just don't touch Alice.

   I was slightly shocked by his thoughts. He was asking to die.

   Rosalie and Esme snapped out of their shock, and picked up Alice. They dragged her inside. All the while she begged and wailed for me to stop.

"Edward stop!" Esme cried, as she picked up her daughter.

   "Why should I listen to you! He killed her, the little bastard killed her! He's a murderer!"

   Jasper's eyes widened and a wave of emotions hit me like a brick, shock, fear, pain, sorrow, self loathing and above all else guilt. He began to sob, his shoulders trembled and he fell face first into the ground. Emmett ran up to me. He had plans to restrain me, but reading his mind I dodged his attempt and sent him flying into the house with a crack. One of the large windows shattered, and glass poured over Emmett's head.

"Son of a bitch!" Emmett bellowed behind me.

   Alice screamed uncontrollably from inside. I sprinted at my target. Emmett tried to get a hold of me but failed. I sent a powerful kick to Japser's head and he went flying and hit a large pine tree causing it to fall with a loud crash. He landed on the ground and continued to sob uncontrollably.

I'm sorry, I'm so sorry Edward. I'm so sorry. He continued to repeat this phrase over and over in his mind.

   I dashed toward the wailing mound once again, only to be tackled by Emmett. Carlisle was following closely behind him. They each took one of my arms and began dragging me back to the house.

"Let me go! DAMN IT!" I screamed at them. I tried to run forward but, couldn't gain the traction to get anywhere.

"Son calm down! Your going to hurt someone!"

"No Carlisle! Let me go! Jasper is going to HURT!" Alice's screams from inside could have probably been heard for miles.

  Eddy you're scarring me, you gotta calm down bro. I growled at my burly brother and attempted to head butt him.

"Calm down Edward!" Carlisle barked. Jasper hadn't moved an inch and his wails and apologies remained unchanged.

"You're a monster!" I screamed at him. A wave of fear and guilt crashed over me, "You should be scared, coward, after what you did to her!"