𝐟𝐢𝐫𝐬𝐭

𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐩𝐥𝐚𝐲𝐢𝐧𝐠

𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

 𝐢𝐮 & 𝐬𝐮𝐠𝐚

my eyes fluttered open.

numb.

that was all i felt.

i sat up and looked around. everything was black. where am i? i looked down. i was in water that was up to my ankles. silently, i took a step forward. i couldn't hear anything except for the soft splashing. i took another step. then another. i then saw a pale, milky light. how far was it? two inches? 7 feet? 1,500 miles? i didn't know. i just followed it.

would my mom meet me there? would she hug and kiss me like she used too? what about taeyong, my stepbrother and my stepfather, mr. lee? my real father?

..donghyuck?

"he's going to be okay." a faint voice was heard. who? certainly not me. i was perfectly fine.

"we found a pulse!"

"he's coming too! give him the oxygen mask!"

i suddenly felt heavy. something in my chest was weighing me down. i looked around frantically. who said that? what's going on?

'i don't want to go!' i screamed silently.

something grabbed me. i was pulled under into the depths of the water.

:)

mark gasped.

he coughed.

his eyes opened.

blurry figures stared at him overhead. a bright light was behind them. was that the sun? were these angels? was this heaven? it certainly didn't feel like heaven. these people smelled like medicine and the air smelled weird. mark wore an uncomfortable paper textured gown. buzzing and beeping and dripping filled his ears. he looked around. wires were attached to his arms, fingers and chest.

"mark?"

mark looked towards the voice. a man had spoken. he held a clipboard, and wore blue hospital scrubs. ah, so this was a hospital.

"mark, do you recognize me?"

of course he did. it was the lee family doctor, park jimin. mark nodded.