e l e v e n

( outfit in
previous chapter )

( outfit in previous chapter )

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

chapter eleven
monster.

The storm passed halfway through the night. Fresh snowfall greeted Christina as she opened the tent zipper and stepped into the white wonderland. The snow crunched under her duck boots as she stepped close to Seth. Her hand rested on top of Seth's head, right in between his ears.

"How's Annie?" She whispered into the early morning. The only answer she could have got from Seth was a purr in his throat with a nod of his head. "I'll take that as a good sign, then."

He nodded his big head again.

The zipper to the tent opened up once more. Bella stepped out into the early morning, squinting her eyes against the bright snow. Her eyes focused in on Christina and Seth and greeted them lightly. "Where's Jacob? Did he already..."

"No," Edward answered coming from the trees. Light snow dustings were in his russet hair from the low branches. "Not yet. He's checking to see if the woods are clear before he goes."

Seth yipped lightly before taking off into the trees. Christina sighed as she looked down at her phone, barely getting a bar for service. "I'm gonna see if the field has any service."

"Don't go far," Edward called after the mother.

She nodded her head with a promise before stepped away from the couple. She held her phone up until two bars come on to the screen, making her grin in satisfaction. She dialed the familiar number, and let it ring until it clicked with an answer.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Em. It's Christina." The mother bit her lip as her stomach started to do flips.

"Hey, Nina," Emily greeted back. "Did you want to speak to Annie?"

Christina chewed on the skin on her lip before answering, "can I?"

"Of course! Let me go get her."

The call was silent for a moment before Annie's excited voice picked up. "Momma! I miss you."

Christina's heart hurt, but a smile still graced her face from hearing her daughter's voice. "I miss you, too. Are you being good for Emily?"

Annie answered with a hum. "We're finger painting." Annie paused shortly on the line. "Momma, when are you and Daddy going to pick me up?"