Chapter 4

Mr. Bates entered the hospital room to find Anna crying. He rushed to her and put his arms around her. She felt the warmth and the security that he was giving her. "I had this horrible dream. Well it wasn't bad at first. I was marrying you. I liked that part. On the next day, you were taken to prison. I was crying, and I screamed out during some court trial. It was very sad." Anna said tearfully. Bates was still holding her. He wiped the tears from her face. Bates knew that everything in her dream had really happened, but he didn't want to tell her that the prison part was true. He wanted to simply let that be a nightmare.

Bates told Doctor Clarkson what had happened to see if Anna might be regaining her memories. "There is a possibility that she will regain some of her memories. And right now she has gained some subconsciously." Doctor Clarkson told him.
"Mr. Bates!" Anna called from inside the room. Mr. Bates walked in the room.
"Are you alright?"
"Yes. I just wanted you to come back in here. I like having you around. You make me feel very secure." Anna said smiling. Bates smiled back and sat down by her bed.
"By the way, the wedding that I dreamed about was at a register office. It wasn't a church wedding, but we were so happy."
"Yes, all of that really happened. The doctor says that your regaining some memories. You should be able to come home soon."
"That sounds good. So the prison part was just a nightmare, right?"
Bates thought for a moment before answering. He had wanted Anna to forget all the pain, but at the same time it might be bad to deprive her of memories. Anna could tell by his silence that it was true. "It's true! You have to tell me what happened!"
"You've had a lot of excitement for one day. Perhaps it would be better if-"
"No! I must know now." Anna exclaimed. Bates sighed and decided to tell the story.

Bates finished the story and let Anna take it all in. "Well I'm glad that you're out now. You seem like a very sweet person. I can't imagine you killing anyone. Thank for telling me what happened. I'm sure it must be very hard to talk about prison."
"It is sad to talk about, but I'll do anything to try to bring you back to me. Well I suppose I ought to go now." He got up and started to leave.
"Wait! I know that yesterday you wanted to kiss me before you left. I'm not quite ready for that, but I'd like it if you hugged me." she said smiling at him. Bates walked right over and hugged Anna. She loved it when he put his arms around her. She felt such warmth and security.