Jonah Clemence #2

Word count: 825
Genre: Fluff
Mention of fainting
Enjoy~

~~~
It's been a while since the last time you did something special for Jonah, so today you decided to do something for him. It took you a few hours to brainstorm ideas for a present, but then you had the greatest idea - Jonah needed a scarf and a new pair of gloves to wear with his winter suit. 'Perfect', you thought as you sat at your desk.

It was already getting late, and you didn't notice the time because you were busy knitting. When you finally looked at the clock, it was five in the morning. "...I'm supposed to wake up in half an hour. Oh well, I'll just go to sleep early tonight." You yawned and stretched up, putting your hard work down.

You put it away so that Jonah doesn't see it, and went to shower and change clothes. When you got out, it was already six.

"Why are you up already?" Jonah asked, meeting you outside your room.

"I have a lot of work to do today", you lied and went on your way.

~~~
The day passed by faster than you imagined and it was already bedtime again. You promised yourself that you will go to sleep earlier tonight, but looking again at the unfinished scarf, you decided to finish it and then go to bed.

So you did. This careful work took all of your attention and you didn't even notice the sun rising slowly behind the thin curtains, you still sitting at your desk from the night before.

"...And I didn't sleep another night. I can't believe this." You facepalmed and sighed.

"I wonder if I will even survive through this day."

You got up and showered once again, and the you met Jonah outside your room, just like yesterday.

"And you're up early today again! I don't think I even saw you go to sleep."

You yawned. Jonah stared at you, his eyebrows drawn and his eyes focused.

"Are you even sleeping?"

"Of course!" You lied again but your yawning made clear it was a pure lie.

"Go to sleep, (Name)," Jonah said calmly.

"But..."

"That's an order from the Queen of Hearts!" He continued. You yawned in response.

"You see? Even your body agrees with me."

"Okay..." You said and started walking down the hall as your vision got darker, and you felt yourself falling.

~~~
When you opened your eyes, you were already lying on your comfortable bed.

"Finally. I thought you'll never wake up." Jonah's familiar voice spoke from beside your bed.

"What happened?"

"Nothing much. You just fainted… straight into my arms. You know, if you wanted my attention you didn’t have to go to such extremes," He smirked.

"Jonah!"

"What?"

"I was just tired. That's all."

"Of course you were tired, silly. You didn't sleep for two nights straight. Why did you do that?!"

"There was too much work for me to do. You know I can't sleep before I finish everything."

"Last time I saw you, you had too much free time on your hands, (Name)," Jonah deadpanned.

"I actually have something to give you," You started getting up from the bed, but Jonah pushed you back down gently.

"You need to rest." Jonah looked into your eyes, and you instantly saw how worried he was.

"Don't worry, it's here in the closet," You pointed at the closet the was at the other side of the room.

"Alright, but I will be watching your every step," Jonah warned.

"Fine, mother." Jonah only rolled his eyes at the retort.

You got up and walked cautiously over to the closet. You looked over your shoulder as you opened it, only to find Jonah watching over you like a hawk.
"Here it is," (Name) brought out a box, walking back to their shared bed. "Open it," you said, placing the box on Jonah's lap and sitting down on the bed.

Jonah eyed the box suspiciously, but ultimately opened it. Inside, he found a pair of knitted mittens and a scarf for the upcoming winter.

"You... really didn't have to do this," Jonah said softly. You chuckled in response.

"I realized I haven't gifted you something in a while, so I knitted these for you. I hope that's fine."

"You... stayed up all night... just to make me something?" Jonah smiled softly, a soft blush on his face. "You're such an idiot."

"Your expression says otherwise," You teased.

"Thank you so much for this present." Jonah put the box on the floor and hugged you tightly to his chest, a typical hug for him. He got up from his chair at the side of the bed and laid down beside you.

"I'm so happy." He kissed your forehead and you sighed contently.

You changed positions so that you were laying on the pillows, and fell asleep together.

When Edgar walked past your room later, he smiled mischievously, but there was a hint of undeniable softness in his eyes.

~~~
Thank you so much for 230 views / reads! I didn't think that this book would get so many in such a short time, as it is my first book.
Thank you again!
I have updated the "Games" page, so please check it out!

This one shot was written with the help of Han__Dayeon__!