Chapter 2

The Moon was high in the sky, reflecting the diamonds-like crystals in the forest.
In the king's hall the dinner was served. Tauriel was ethereal in elvish maiden vests.
A silver tiara crowned her red hair, so rare and precious. She was explaining to all the presents her incredible adventures and everyone was captured by her magnetic beauty.
Thranduil, in front of her, couldn't stay indifferent, he felt the power of her burning heart, a heart of a fearless warrior, a heart of a loyal battler... a heart which have suffered for love...like his one.
"Tauriel who....are you now?" he was thinking "An independent, sublime, strong elf maiden...no more the young... kind of ...impertinent girl I remembered."
Again their eyes met.
She also has never been able to forget him. When she lost her beloved Kili, he and only he understood how deep her feelings were because he also had suffered so much when he lost his wife, hundreds of years ago. And he wasn't able to love again.....

What was happening? Was a tiny flame of affection lighting his cold heart?
He started to drink again, but the heat of the wine now seemed different.

Also Tauriel glanced down and took her glass of wine, wondering: "Why he seemed so majestic and wise now, why he seemed so beautiful than in my memories."

The night was blurring into dawn, the feast finished.

=========================================

PLZ be kind, English is not my mother tongue