Chapter 4

The sunlight was flooding the forest... Tauriel and Thranduil were still embraced. Time was flowing quietly but they couldn't move, they wouldn't move.....they would't leave each other. Never again.
Thranduil took her face in his hands, caressed delicately her velvet hair and gradually
approachig her lips. He lightly kissed her...cinnamon, raspberry and honey...
"Tauriel...a'maelamin*"

"My Kin...Thra...Thranduil. There nothing in the entire Universe sweeter than the sound of your name. There is nothing more pleseant that the touch of your hands....Why had I roamed for such a long time, when all I needed was so close to me....I will live, I will breathe, I will die...only for you "
He grabbed her hand and led her in his chamber.

----------------------------------

*my love

-----------------------------------

IMPORTANT NOTE:

1)If I remember correctly, it is used to say that they will have only one beloved in their entire life...but for example, Fëanor's father Finwë had two elf-women...and Fëanor also stopped to love his wife Nerdanel...so, I suppose there is a possibility that Thranduil loves someone again.

2)Elves, I think, don't stay together (physically speaking) very often. I think that they express love in other ways...but Thranduil and Tauriel were two of the last elves that remain in Middle Earth. They feel that it's time to leave the forest and reach the Undying Land, so they don't want to waste their time together in MIrkwood, their homeland.