Chapter 5- Upcoming Encounter

Rebecca's POV

After Troy suggested that we contact the police, I was in total agreement. We gathered our belongings from our separate rooms used for our preparation of the wedding then headed to Troy's car. We then drove to the Walker's City Police Station within 10 minutes, where I filed a report to Officer Henry about the threat. He asked for background information which I gave including the part where I dealt with drugs for a short time but I got the needed help and I showed him proof of such. I told him Devine's real name which is Alexa Hughes. I then gave him the letter which contained the contact info Devine left for me to contact her. 

"Okay Ms. Rebecca, here is the plan. You are going to contact Alexa and get a location. When this is done, you and your husband are going to drive to the location while my partner and I trail quietly behind you. When you guys get to the location, you're going to walk with the cash and before Alexa gets it we will then swarm in and capture her. Sounds fair enough?" Officer Henry stated and asked. 

"Yes. Excellent plan officer." Troy replied as I am nervous about the whole situation. 

"Okay. You guys will call her in the private room over there while I bring in my partner to track the call." Officer Henry said. 

"Okay officer." I said while getting up from the chair. Troy, Officer Henry, his partner Officer Dean and I entered the private room. He gave us the go ahead to call the number and I took out my phone and begin dialing the number. On the 2nd ring the call connected. 

"Well, well, well look who finally decided to call. Hope you have my money or else that hottie husband of yours will be mine soon." Alexa said on the other line. 

"Yes Alexa, I have your money. Where are we going to meet so I can give you the money?" I asked knowing very well she is here in the city and not in Hanover Bay where I went to her when Troy and I took a break. 

"Okay. We are gonna meet at Mario's Diner. Hurry up while your at it. I don't have a long time." Alexa said with sarcasm in her voice. 

"Okay, I'm on my way." I said then disconnected the call. 

"Were you able to track the call Officer?" Troy asked. 

"Yes. She is at the library which is 2 blocks away from the diner." Officer Dean answered. 

"Okay let's roll people." Officer Henry said to us all and we exited the private room. Troy and I got into the car and drove off while Officer Henry and his partner were behind us, not too far and not too close. We arrived at the diner within 5 minutes and the parking lot looked deserted. Troy and I exited the car then entered the diner. At the back there sat Alexa patiently waiting.